Honored Contributor

Can a chromebook ,surf the net,order on line items? Asking for some one ,not me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Yes.

Honored Contributor

Chromebooks can do pretty much anything these days. I wouldn't use one for video editing, or serious gaming, but for general purpose computing, they can do pretty much anything.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Our local school system is using chrome for at home just now.  Seems to work well.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  i've been using my chrome book now for at least 4 years as my main computer. 

now i'm no whiz, but i do have a black belt in shopping.  

Trusted Contributor

love mine.. i will be getting a new one in a few months.. mines about 5 yrs old.. i shop on mine all the time.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Can a chromebook ,surf the net,order on line items? Asking for some one ,not me.

Yes.

They also have a built-in anti-virus and anti-spyware program, so you don't have to worry about installing anything.

You just need to keep up with the Chrome updates, and you'll get the normal reminders about those. 

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest

The Electronics forum has many posts about Chromebooks. Please do a search and find them.

I would suggest looking at YouTube videos. Amazon reviews, and Wikipedia articles about Chrome OS. and Chromebooks.

Contributor

Chromebooks can handle all basic tasks, so nothing to worry about that. They're quite useful.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Of course they can!