Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Answer a Facebook Question?

my suggestion . there is an add on Facebook Purity that allows you to block out anything you want on Facebook,  

add that and you can select games, 

I use it and it's great I never see ad, people you might know,  certain political people 

Trusted Contributor

yes click unfollow.. i unfollowed most of my friends on fb.. got tired of seeing recipes. and stupid stuff pop up.. and ur still friends, you just wont see when they post things.. you can still see if you go to there page though

Respected Contributor

I don’t want to ‘unfollow’ her because she is my niece who lives out of state and it’s the only way we communicate.  I love 99% of her posts; it’s just the notifications I get when she’s playing games that drive me nuts.  She doesn’t play games 24/7 either, but every now and then she binges on a particular game and that’s when I get deluged with notifications.  Her regular posts are just fine.  She does not post anything political either and if she did, I probably wouldn’t mind because I gather that she shares my political values, LOL.

I think the original suggestion to block each game individually is the best option at this point.  Hopefully that will do the trick!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

I don’t want to ‘unfollow’ her because she is my niece who lives out of state and it’s the only way we communicate.  I love 99% of her posts; it’s just the notifications I get when she’s playing games that drive me nuts.  She doesn’t play games 24/7 either, but every now and then she binges on a particular game and that’s when I get deluged with notifications.  Her regular posts are just fine.  She does not post anything political either and if she did, I probably wouldn’t mind because I gather that she shares my political values, LOL.

I think the original suggestion to block each game individually is the best option at this point.  Hopefully that will do the trick!

I stopped all of the notifications from friends who play games on Facebook. 

https://www.facebook.com/help/476337625740088?helpref=popular_topics