Respected Contributor

CUTE Typewriter/Did You See It?😊

Q had it on air late at night...in a few colors...Yep, like the old time ones....I can type faster than the speed of light but cannot text, lol.

I don't need one but thought of my dad...and days long ago.. was a nice memory. 📠

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Re: CUTE Typewriter/Did You See It?😊

I'm surprised there's a market for a typewriter these days...especially at that price.  As to texting......I use the microphone, rather than try to type my messages.  Works much better for me.

Honored Contributor

cannot imagine using a typewriter anymore, but it would be cute decor in a kids room OR den OR library room in someones home.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I bet Tom Hanks has one in his collection already.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Typewriters are oddly enough very valuable these days. People who deal with government forms really need old style typewriters. I put my Dad's old $100 Brother typewriter up on OfferUp a while back for $20 without doing any research beforehand. When I didn't get any offers I pulled it down and looked around and was shocked to see that very basic typewriters, including his, were selling for more than $200 on e-Bay and other sites.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I can still see a need for typewriters for such things as forms, in some cases.  However, I would guess it would be electric typewriters, rather than the really older manual versions.  My BFF works part-time in a dental office. She still does the monthly statements on a Selectric typewriter!  Remember those?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also type fast. I can type faster on a computer.

Typewriters always mis-key when I use them because I type to fast.

The typewriter company said this new machine they had would not mis-key so they brought it out for me to try & it -mis-keyed. The company came out to see it happen because they did not believe it.

The company I was working for decided to buy a different type machine that had memory plus I could type fast on it with no problems.

By mis-key I mean 2 of the keys getting stuck together.