Respected Contributor

Washington DC area here.  Yesterday afternoon Comcast went off a little after 3, finally restored at 4:45, went out again at 5:25, back on at 5:50, out again 5:55 to 6:10, out again.  Out briefly at 12:38 a.m. then back on.  Then out again, hopefully the final time 7:50 to 8:26 a.m.

I am curious if other Comcast customers around the country had this happen recently or yesterday.  

No real explanation on the web found.  Outage screen kept indicating to tighten connections and restart but it clearly wasn't caused by that.

Very annoying since it is also my Wi-Fi connection for my laptop.

Thank you for any light on this you might be able to shed.

Frequent Contributor

Re: COMCAST OUTAGES? JUNE 2019

Hi,

I am north of Boston and have Comcast for my cable, internet and phone and did not experience any down time yesterday or today.--Karen

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been having similar issues with my Comcast internet and cable services for more than a month now, but I haven't heard anything about it being a widespread problem.  I assumed it was unique to me.  Over the course of over a month I have replaced all my equipment, gone through 4 dvr boxes, replaced cables and connections, and even got a new tv (probably needed a new one anyway but still).  The most recent step was new cable from my house to the cable box outside, but an outside contractor has to come back to bury it.  In the meantime my condo's lawn service will no doubt mow it to shreds since it's just sitting on top of the grass . . . Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @aroc3435  ......   I cannot answer your question about any outages.   But  I had Comcast for years because we could not get any other Internet/Cable provider in our town.   I had nothing but problems with Comcast ... especially in my office.    As soon as Verizon FIOS became available I switched and have not had any problems whatsoever during the year and a half I have been with FIOS.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  About a few hours early this morning in Pennsylvania.

Have had some internet and TV outages for a few minutes at a time during the past 2 weeks.  

Valued Contributor

I suspect that Comcast has been throttling service in Philadelphia for a while. My internet has been really slow at times. The end of net neutrality is going to affect us all eventually.

Honored Contributor

I am in the Northern Virginia suburbs but I wasn't home or awake during the outtages you listed.

Hot Bench recorded between 3-4 pm yesterday with no problems and this was during one of the outtage times you listded.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 @Jasmine19 @Foxxee @Boehm Collector @Suzeecat  @kare29

Thank you all for your helpful replies.  Recurred briefly again Wednesday at around 4:30 p.m. but didn't last very long.  This time the scrren said there was a problem with channel 265 which is a PBS station and it flipped me over to the NBC local news channel and said to wait a few minutes before trying 265 again, so I waited and got the PBS channel back in about five minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

The only problem I found was with the wifi connection a few days ago. I was able to reset the modem myself but, I had to do this a couple of times finally I changed my password and so far i am golden. If this happens again I will get Comcast to come in and swap out the modem.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435,   I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for years.   In the past month, starting the first week in May, there have been outages that were uncharacteristic of the usual problems.    At times there were hours of no cable tv service and no internet service.   Other times the duration was shorter, but it's been more frequent than ever before.   Last night I had no access to On Demand, for hours (I finally gave up, so I don't know exactly how long), and that's unusual.  

Starting in May, I've been looking at the downdetector.com and istheservicedown.com websites, and #comcastoutage on the internet, and this isn't localized nor has it been associated with bad weather or the other typical causes.   The outage maps and customer reports show problems across the entire country.    I'd love to know what's going on.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova