Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Has anyone used this on a Windows 10 Laptop? Did it give you any problems?

I bought the TSV HP Laptop with i5 processor and Windows 10. The Trial McAfee runs out in 5 days and I am going to replace it. I have used AVG antivirus for years but that and McAfee so not rate very good.

I would appreciate feedback from you.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I have used McAfee every since I have had computers.  I have never had a bug or virus.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I use Webroot on my Windows 10 laptop (and used it on prior devices as well) without issue. McAfee wasn't that great in my experience, and I even worked for McAfee at one point!

Honored Contributor

I have PCMatic on my pc. Never had any problems. Their cs is top notch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bit Defender Antivirus

[ Edited ]

I use Norton provided by Comcast on my Computers. You should use a program you  have a history with. You also need a Malwarebytes. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband uses Bitdefender on his PC  (Windows) laptop. I’m not sure what version of Windows, but it’s the latest. He purchased Bitdefender a year ago after reading all of the great reviews. The purchase price covers security for 3 computers/tablets. We have’t had any problems and it’s really easy to run a security scan when you want. I have a mobile version of Bitdefender on my iPad.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

I think I will put the BitDefender on my old computer and run it for a week. If there are no problems I will try it on my new HP computer. If it messes up my old computer I won’t be so upset and uninstall it.

Trusted Contributor

Bitdefender is a good antivirus/anti-malware program.

You get a full year coverage with that computer purchase. May as well use it.

You do have to unistall McAfee first, but the Bitdefender is very easy to load after that. I love it has "auto pilot", meaning it runs scans and updates automatically.

It does not seem to slow down the computer, so that is a plus also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I installed the Bitdefender Antivirus on my older Windows 7 Toasiba laptop and my new HP computer and they both work perfectly on both. No problems and it has been 5 days now.

I did uninstall McAfee antivirus first.

Just wanted to give my feedback.