Esteemed Contributor

Best smart speaker...and why?

FYI, Everything I own is Apple...iPhone, iPad, MacBook,Apple Watch.

What is your favorite smart speaker and why ... go!  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: Best smart speaker...and why?

depends what you want to do

Super Contributor

My favorite is a Bose Bluetooth.  Before I retired I used it all day at work to stream via my iPhone.  The sound was always great whether I was listening to music or podcasts.  Great sound, easy to use and affordable price point.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom I am an all Apple fan also, but I have several Bose products that I like.  Depends on what how you want to use the speaker.....for example, we take a UE speaker to the pool (it came with a floatation device for the water) to share our Iphone play list so we can rock out....lots of fun, check it out, it looks like a space saucer, very compact.  So it just depends on how you intend to use the speaker.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sister is an iPhone person. She has a UE Megablast speaker.  It is dust and waterproof,but will not float. I watched a YouTube video by  Flossy Carter. He  reviews the two sizes and gives positive and negative comments about them.

I find YouTube videos very helpful when I buy tech products. This Logitech product is sold many places. Amazon may have the best price. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd @jackthebear  @Deb665 The handsfree feature is really what interested me.  I have Bose Bluetooth and wave radio and another Bluetooth speaker.  I will have to do some more reading I think.  What features do you like best?

@Nuttmeg , another vote for UE.  Off to check it out.

LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you looking for just a BT speaker?...or a smart speaker (aka wifi speaker) like Apple HomePod, Google Assist, Alexa and Google Home. Those are more than just BT speakers, connected to wifi  and they control things around your house. Most any BT speaker will work but not all smart speakers will work with Apple. 

CNET dot com has a lot info, prices, ratings, reviews and places to buy either BT or smart speakers. There's even a "Best Products" category there, too. That's where I would start.Smiley Happy

@Lilysmom 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@phoenixbrd @jackthebear  @Deb665 The handsfree feature is really what interested me.  I have Bose Bluetooth and wave radio and another Bluetooth speaker.  I will have to do some more reading I think.  What features do you like best?

@Nuttmeg , another vote for UE.  Off to check it out.

LM

i have 2 sonos speakers but these are not BT they run of your wifi, not as portable as a battery operated  speaker.  However I don't reall use the handsfree as much as I thought,  it's much easier to hop on Spotify on my phone and start it that way..  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @jackthebear @SilleeMee @Nuttmeg @phoenixbrd @Deb665  I am thinking I will sit on this for awhile and wait for a really good buy.

i just put the Sirius XM app on my phone and am listening to that via Bose Bluetooth.  LM