Esteemed Contributor

I was tempted to buy the GEAR the Samsung watch. I do know they have one, came out before the APPLE however I am sure the Apple Watch will do something the Samsung does not do until it catches up. And in that case it will always be a battle.

I wonder if it will cook my dinner and clean my house. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

I never thought I would buy such an expensive watch. I did yesterday. I love love love it. It is so GetSmart so cool. 

I got the smallest cheapest one and it is still easy to see and I have old eyes (48)

Respected Contributor

I have a clock and calendar on this computer.  I have a clock and calendar on my cell phone.  I have an old Casio "G-Shock" watch that has a calendar and is a clock and it still works.  I have a heart rate monitor that also has a clock and a calendar.  Why in Heaven"s Name would I want an Apple Watch?  I'll take a pass. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple watch

[ Edited ]

The watches are beautiful.  The one I want is gorgeous.

Apple-Watch-edition-gold-red-buckle.jpgAt $17k, I'm gonna have to pull off my Eartha Kitt moves--> Santa Baby or hit the lottery.  Whichever comes first.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I'd love to love one, but the face is just too small to be functional without my readers, and I definitely don't want to be whipping out glasses every time I want to know what time it is, or whatever other dozens of functions they perform.

Esteemed Contributor

I was surprised to see the Apple watch under new arrivals here today AND on Evine as a TSV today, for less $$$. The concept is appealing to me on some levels, but I, too, would need reading glasses to read the screen and that's just too much trouble. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Actually this watch has been a dude for Apple and is a factor in dragging down the stock.  How 25 - 40 yr olds even wear a watch?  They all are tethered to their cell phones.

Super Contributor

@patbz

I'm not sure where you received the information that the Apple Watch is a 'dude'  (perhaps you meant dud).

Here is the latest market research data on Apple Watch sales:

In its first appearance in the wearables market, Apple finds itself within striking distance of the established market leader, Fitbit. According to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Wearable Device Tracker, Apple shipped a total of 3.6 million units in the second quarter of 2015 (2Q15), just 0.8 million units behind Fitbit's 4.4 million units. Total shipment volume for the quarter came to 18.1 million units, up 223.2% from the 5.6 million units shipped in 2Q14.

Quite an accomplishment for a device that has only been on the market for 4 months.

And 25-40 year-olds will be enticed to buy the watch because it offers much more than a traditional timepiece.  I too ditched watches when I bought my first smart phone, but now wear the Apple Watch from the time i get up until I take it off for bed.  It has become an integral part of my digital life.

Apple is changing the wearables market just like they changed the music industry, the smart phone market and will soon change many other aspects of our lives including TV and automobiles.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150827005136/en/Apple-Debuts-Number-Spot-Worldwide-Wearables...

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I was surprised to see the Apple watch under new arrivals here

I just checked the new arrivals & did not see any Apple watches.  Please post the item number.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I would get a watch if BlackBerry made one.  I'm not interested in Apple or Samsung.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.