Honored Contributor

@Cha1k wrote:

@patbz

I'm not sure where you received the information that the Apple Watch is a 'dude'  (perhaps you meant dud).

Here is the latest market research data on Apple Watch sales:

In its first appearance in the wearables market, Apple finds itself within striking distance of the established market leader, Fitbit. According to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Wearable Device Tracker, Apple shipped a total of 3.6 million units in the second quarter of 2015 (2Q15), just 0.8 million units behind Fitbit's 4.4 million units. Total shipment volume for the quarter came to 18.1 million units, up 223.2% from the 5.6 million units shipped in 2Q14.

Quite an accomplishment for a device that has only been on the market for 4 months.

And 25-40 year-olds will be enticed to buy the watch because it offers much more than a traditional timepiece.  I too ditched watches when I bought my first smart phone, but now wear the Apple Watch from the time i get up until I take it off for bed.  It has become an integral part of my digital life.

Apple is changing the wearables market just like they changed the music industry, the smart phone market and will soon change many other aspects of our lives including TV and automobiles.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150827005136/en/Apple-Debuts-Number-Spot-Worldwide-Wearables...

They are comparing it to fitbit? That's just stupid. The two are not related products in the least. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor
Actually the Apple watch and Fitbit are competitors. My sister have up her Fitbit for her Apple watch. It does steps and heart rate and who knows what else Smiley Happy

I'm not in the market right now but I'm sure someday I'll replace my Fitbit with something similar. I too think they will continue to get better!
KJPA
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad I waited and didn't buy the watch when it first came out. I love the new rose gold sport version. I wanted the original 18k rose gold but no way would I pay thousands for it. Now I can get the rose color at an affordable price. I noticed there are also pale pink sport bands. I want to wear the watch while working out so I'd rather have the sport band for that. Maybe a leather band for dressier occasions. I still can't decide on the face size. I need to go by Best Buy at look at them in person since there is no Apple Store here.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I sold my Apple watch. I was over it. It is not something I need! 

Regular Contributor

Love my Apple watch.....  only had it about two weeks now and still learning things!  I can now carry my phone in my purse and not miss messages or calls.  Easy to check so many things...and so many ways to set it up and personalize it for your needs... 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Eating my words- bought the rose gold "sport" on Friday. I'm liking the health features VERY MUCH.

There are still some Black Friday deals around.........

Contributor

Re: Apple watch

[ Edited ]

I got mine from T-Mobile with no down payment & $15.00 a month added to my phone bill for 23 months.  Yes thats a long time, but better than paying $96.00 a month from QVC.  What i like about the watch is when i'am driving i can just answer the call, instead of looking for my phone~which is usually in my pocket.  Now the extra bands the shopping channels are selling are not the Apple brand.  The only Apple brand is the one attached to the watch.

I bought my rose gold 38mm for $249 plus tax at Best Buy.

The stand is 8.99 at Amazon.

The aftermarket bands are 8.99 each at Amazon.

If you know how to use an iPhone, you don't need technical support.

I cannot believe how much they are charging! It's crazy!