New Contributor
Why can’t QVC just offer the iPad alone instead of all the stuff they offer with it. Most of it is only trial programs and stuff we wouldn’t use or buy anyway.
Honored Contributor

You can get the iPad alone, and the latest model at thst, at the Apple Store.

QVC sells it with accessories so they can wring a little more $$ from the customer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a new IPad Pro for $50 less than the Apple store at Costco. QVC sells junk accessories to make you think you need those things when in reality they are cheap and they can make a profit. All you need is a case and maybe earbuds if you want to watch videos. 

Honored Contributor

Why?   Only way we can know why would be if either Apple or QVC gave us the inside scoop on their contract with each other.

I don't much care about the why.  How does knowing why help my decision whether to purchase something?

Honored Contributor

@EddieW wrote:
Why can’t QVC just offer the iPad alone instead of all the stuff they offer with it. Most of it is only trial programs and stuff we wouldn’t use or buy anyway.

i suspect they can't a deal with Apple as a licensed seller only as a reseller with the c--p to sweeten the pot

Respected Contributor

@EddieWBecause that's how they make their money.  Sort of like a car dealer adding rust proofing and other stuff.  Those are the big profit items.

If you want an iPad, buy it directly from Apple (Apple On-line, Apple Retail Store).  There you get the latest product without all the other stuff.  Want some other stuff?  You can choose things there.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebearNone of the TV Shopping Channels are Authorized Apple Resellers.  I have no idea where and how they're getting the stuff.  Apple Authorized Resellers work like the Apple Retail Stores.

Esteemed Contributor

Apple has a tool to on their site to help customers locate authorized retailers by zip code.

Esteemed Contributor

Why would anyone buy an iPad here at all?  

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Why would anyone buy an iPad here at all?  

EZ Pay!  They can stretch out their payments and doesn't have to finance or have good credit.