Contributor

I purchased a Apple iPad, 9.7" (5th Generation).  How long does it take to activate?  Thank you..

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by 'activate'. Do you mean set it up with your account? If you already have an Apple ID, it just takes a couple of minutes. If you do not have an Apple ID, you will need to create an Apple ID first and that will take a few more minutes.

You will also need your home Wi-Fi account password to connect the iPad to your Wi-Fi network.

Contributor

I chose the WiFi connection, in order to activate the iPad (trying to set it up manually) and it said' it would only take a few minutes'...and the little icon just keeps  loading & loading.  This has been going on for hours.  Perhaps that's my problem, as I do  not have an Apple ID.  Will do that, thank you.

Honored Contributor

@patricia38 wrote:

I purchased a Apple iPad, 9.7" (5th Generation).  How long does it take to activate?  Thank you..

You have a warranty.  Strongly suggest that you take full advantage of it by calling Apple tech support.  Especially if you did not purchase AppleCare.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

Thanks everyone...as soon as I left this forum, I found a YouTube vid that showed me exactly how to set up an iPad WITHOUT an Apple ID....and it was so easy and in a few seconds, I was in.  I a happy camper..

Here's the link ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAwUZcE1F88