Honored Contributor

Anyone having difficulty with OUTLOOK

[ Edited ]

I keep getting a message and can't open my e mails.I am able to open them on my phone.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone having difficulty with OUTLOOK

Don't know if this will help, but I had just the opposite problem with Outlook on my phone. It said the same thing that I couldn't open my emails. I uninstalled it yesterday and reloaded and so far today its working. My computer seems fine but I find it odd that we  both have a problem with Outlook on different devices.  It seems that it must be Outlooks problem and not our computer or phone to me. I don't know how to uninstall it on a computer maybe someone that is more computer savvy than me could help.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I keep getting a message and can't open my e mails.I am able to open them on my phone.

What version of Outlook are you using? Have you tried a Google search of the problem. 
I used Google Drive to open a damaged Microsoft Outlook files. 

Honored Contributor

Yes..........I've had to go thru my BING (Microsoft) page to get to Outlook.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. It helps to klnow I am not the on;ly one with an issue. I had to reset something and clear all my cookies to get it back.

Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem this morning on my computer not my phone. when I try and check emails it says Your connection is not private. Can anyone advise me how to fix this??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy54 wrote:

I am having the same problem this morning on my computer not my phone. when I try and check emails it says Your connection is not private. Can anyone advise me how to fix this??

@Happy54, Is this still happening?   I saw that message with Outlook mail last week.   I tried 2 different browsers, did all the cookie deletions, etc., got the same message.  

Before doing anything else more complicated, I decided to see if the bookmark was the problem.  (Normally I access it with a bookmark.)  So, I tried, instead, going directly to the Outlook mail login page on the browser (https://outlook.live.com) and signed in with no problem.   I deleted the old bookmark and created a new one.   That problem seems to be gone now (fingers crossed).

I think MSN is experiencing numerous glitches.   Also, in the past week, at times my settings, rules, and filters were ignored, then they'd start working again.

(My info:  iMac, macOS Sierra v. 10.12.3.  On the Mac I normally use 2 browsers:  Firefox 51.0.1, Chrome 56.0.2924.87)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

I can get in when I go to Bing. I haven't delated cookies yet. I actually don't remember how to do it. I was worried about my computer being hacked but I can still go to Facebook and everything else I want.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy54 wrote:

I can get in when I go to Bing. I haven't delated cookies yet. I actually don't remember how to do it. I was worried about my computer being hacked but I can still go to Facebook and everything else I want.

@Happy54, Are you using bookmarks or "favorites" to get to it, on the other browsers which cause problems?  If so, try going directly to Outlook, as I described, and see if you can login that way.   This is the link (https://outlook.live.com) or you can just search for Outlook mail, click on it, and sign in.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

I do bookmark. I went to outlook to and get in to my email. I have not done disk clean up or defragment in who knows. I have a desk top and never did upgrade to windows 10.