Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have a Chromebook? How do you like it?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone have a Chromebook?

I LOVE my chromebook. No updates.no anti virus costs,never slows down,everything stored in the goggle cloud.No need to worry about losing info if your chromebook dies.

By the way,mine has hit the deck a million times and it works perfectly.I could not give a higher recommendation on any product.

Valued Contributor

I love my Chromebook! I highly recommend it. No need for anti-virus protection, and super fast speed. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I had an ASUS tablet and it died after only 15 months so I bought a chromebook. I like it - not as much as the tablet because it does not have a touchscreen, but it is certainly adequate and was inexpensive. It came with an additional 2 years warranty as well.Since all android devices save all your info out on the cloud you don't lose your stuff if something happens to your device - you just go to the cloud and there are all your photos etc just waiting for you to retrieve them.

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up if anyone's interested, a refurbished Toshiba Chromebook is a Shell Shocker Deal at Newegg.com today (7/27/2014) for $184.99 from 3:00 PM PT to 5:59 PM PT. (that's 6:00 PM-8:59 Pm for those of us on the East coast.) That's a saving of about $85 off the normal retail price for one. The Toshiba Chromebooks get pretty good reviews at Amazon and have a larger screen than some at 13.3 inches. A lot of Chromebooks get returned when people find out their limitations, but if you already know all there is to know about a Chromebook, those returned units make a great bargain for the rest of us.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I brought a Nexus 7 2013(32Gb) tablet from Amazon Warehouse Deals, used like new, in January. This was an open box item with a 30 day return, and a one year warranty from the manufacturer. It is still working fine.

Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 gardenman said:

Just a heads up if anyone's interested, a refurbished Toshiba Chromebook is a Shell Shocker Deal at Newegg.com today (7/27/2014) for $184.99 from 3:00 PM PT to 5:59 PM PT. (that's 6:00 PM-8:59 Pm for those of us on the East coast.) That's a saving of about $85 off the normal retail price for one. The Toshiba Chromebooks get pretty good reviews at Amazon and have a larger screen than some at 13.3 inches. A lot of Chromebooks get returned when people find out their limitations, but if you already know all there is to know about a Chromebook, those returned units make a great bargain for the rest of us.

'a lot of returns' sounds of something to be concerned. )-:

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 gardenman said:

I paid $177 for my brand new HP chromebook including the additional 2 yr warranty, I got it at Staples. it has a 13" screen which seems to be adequate for me. My tablet only had a 10". I do recognize that a chromebook has it's limitations but for my needs - i don't do any actual work on it except paying my bills online - it is totally all I need. This is why I am not interested in investing in a ipad - i just do not find I need all that it is capable of doing. paying for all that is great if your going to use it - but I would not so why pay for what you don't need.

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}I love my Chromebook...have had it for several months now. I think of it as a cross between a laptop and a tablet. Great for the internet, has a keyboard and you can use a mouse. I have no virus worries and the speed is great. Mine is a Samsung.

Honored Contributor

What kind of "work" do you all use your chromebook for - I come to this site, FB, e mails and photobucket, and I get on my banking site. Otherwise an occasional internet search to research something. And I play games on the AARP free games site. I do check the weather daily, and store recipes in my pocket site. Otherwise that is about it, so this inexpensive tablet is more than adequate.