Contributor

Anyone else having problems with the TSV HP laptop

Finally my new laptop arrived and my daughter just spent the whole day loading all the software. Came back about 2 hours later to surf around on it, and it won't start. The computer is cold and will not turn on. No matter what you do. Does anyone have any ideas why this has happened? Nannycakes
Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone else having problems with the TSV HP laptop

Hi I sent mine back yesterday.I had trouble loading the software. Was getting all kinds of pop ups and it was running slow. Any suggestions on what to get now?

Contributor

I had my daughter install all that stuff. It is just dead, nothing at all . But it was very hot when it was running
Frequent Contributor

I am not having this problem but other problems with the TSV HP Laptop:

For example: Constant Pop-Ups; McAffee Anti-Virus Warning about removals that need to be made; says the QVC Website is not safe, etc., Request for Java Updates and even though I do not request update or download McAffee jumps in with a yellow warning telling me I should not download. Explorer page will not load now when it did before. Many touch tiles do not respond or respond very slowly.

Seems all this thing does is holler at me and warn of impending doom!

I have turned it over to my husband so he can deal with Tech Support. Will have to wait because this is sports time on TV.

Hubbie deserves a break or timeout from new laptop troubles. Before I ordered this one from QVC, he ordered a new laptop from Dell. It died after two days. Sounds just like your problem, Nannycakes. Dell was slow to respond--took over week plus to get another one sent. He used the second one for less than a week and could not enter a password to log in. So he got off the phone today with Dell Tech Support. Had to remove battery and reinsert it, etc. Working so far but it has only been about 1 1/2 hours ago.

Good Luck to us! Any thoughts about an Apple product?

P.S. -- Like Susan, I also had trouble loading software and computer runs very slowly.

Also, last night I had to wait while McAffee slowly put on 40 some updates. Computer had only been not used for about two days.

Contributor

Was thinking the same product. Had problems with installing pw too But this one is just sitting there cold
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 nannycakes said: Was thinking the same product. Had problems with installing pw too But this one is just sitting there cold

send it back so you can get your money back,

if it doesn't work out of the box you will probably have issues once the return period is over and then what.

Contributor

That's what the plan is . There is a problem with it. So don't need to keep it But we used our q card, so that stinks
Super Contributor

Take the battery out for 5 minutes. Put battery back in, and it should start and restart the computer. It has to do with static electricity.
Super Contributor

***** Warning: Biased opinion below -- since the OP asked*****

Apple products have an excellent reputation for working seamlessly right out of the box. That's not to say there aren't occasional buggy devices released into the wild, but overall customer satisfaction is very high for all Apple devices.

So many people base their electronic buying decisions solely on price -- not saying the original poster did this -- to have problems with setup, incompatibility with peripheral devices, maintaining malware defenses, etc. In many instances the time and frustration dealing with an inferior product far outweighs the additional $$$$ that would have been spent on an Apple device.

Respected Contributor

The first thing you need to do is return it for a refund. The next is to buy local so you can see the computer. Make sure the air vents are NOT of the bottom of the notebook/laptop computer. If the vents are block, like using it on your lap, it will cause overheating.