Honored Contributor

Any one receive email today from Samsung about security issues?

I have a Samsung cellphone. Received email today that they had security issues in July and started investigation. Advised to do a credit check or credit report. I tried to sign in to my experian account and had issues. They tried to create account and advised me to call back in 24 to 48 hours for them to try again. Totally frustrating.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any one receive email today from Samsung about security issues?

@SouthernBee   Yes, I just got it.  Thankfully they say it didn't affect SS numbers or credit card information.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SouthernBee   Yes, I just got it.  Thankfully they say it didn't affect SS numbers or credit card information.

@Kachina624 : Totally agree. I haven't asked for a credit report lately and just wanted to look.

Respected Contributor

Yes I got it today & now it's messing with my Goggle log in on my Samsung tablet...have to do a two step sign in & when the code is sent it's a mix of letters & numbers but the only keyboard that will pull up is only numbers. Samsung can't help, Goggle is just recorded messages so can't talk to a person...I'm frustrated & mad. WTH.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Yes I got it today & now it's messing with my Goggle log in on my Samsung tablet...have to do a two step sign in & when the code is sent it's a mix of letters & numbers but the only keyboard that will pull up is only numbers. Samsung can't help, Goggle is just recorded messages so can't talk to a person...I'm frustrated & mad. WTH.

@kitcat51 : I hear you and totally understand.😳

Trusted Contributor

I got the email too

Honored Contributor

Hmmm, I have both a Samsung phone and tablet, but didn't get an E-mail.  I did check my Spam folder.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Samsung phone and didn't receive an e-mail.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  I also have both.  They may be sending them in batches since there undoubtedly millions of affected devices.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a Samsung phone, but didn't get an email.    Is this for those burner type phones that you can buy on qvc or hsn, etc?   I have a regular phone with a carrier so maybe that's why (?).