Respected Contributor

Re: An iMac question

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

I wouldn't do a complete restore over that, until I'd troubleshot all other possible fixes. It's often a result of not enough available RAM, because too many programs are running at once. This can happen when Time Machine is backing up sometimes too. If it's an issue in safari then it's usually an internet connection issue sometimes on the other websites end and not yours. 

When was the last time you restarted your mac? 

I am going to do a restore.  I just want to know if after it's done formatting, will doing a restore from a backup reinstall what's causing my problems. 

Honored Contributor

There is no way to know if the problem will continue, when the cause hasn't been determined. So it's a total ****** shoot to go through that whole process. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

There is no way to know if the problem will continue, when the cause hasn't been determined. So it's a total ****** shoot to go through that whole process. 

My iMac is 5 years old and I think it's time to clear everything out and start over.  I did it with my Windows based computers about every 3 years and it made a huge difference.  Plus, I seem to have duplicate phtos everywhere and I want to get rid of them. 

Respected Contributor

you can do  a total resent and not reinstaill  meaning start with  a fresh pc