Respected Contributor

There is an alert on my calendar app which I can't remove.  There is a red circle with the number 1 on the app on my taskbar.  I have looked everywhere in settings and can't find a way to turn this off.  Anyone know what the alert is and how to remove it? 

Honored Contributor

If you feel like you've done everything to turn off the alert you may  have to reboot your phone.

@glb613 wrote:

There is an alert on my calendar app which I can't remove.  There is a red circle with the number 1 on the app on my taskbar.  I have looked everywhere in settings and can't find a way to turn this off.  Anyone know what the alert is and how to remove it? 

Super Contributor

You may have an invitation. When you open your calendar program, at the top left are the three colored buttons (to close, minimize, etc). Just below that, there is a gray box that says Calendars, just to the right of that is a plus sign, is notification to the right of that? May look like an envelope. When youi open that you are then able to manage it and the badge app icon should disappear.

Respected Contributor

Nothing has worked.  I don't have the same alert on either my other computer or my phone.  I wish I knew what is causing it and how to get rid of it. 

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The calendar alert on my iMac disappeared without me doing anything.  I have no idea how it got there or why it vanished but, I'm glad it's gone.  I get text alerts about upcoming appointments and the option to have it put on my calendar.  That may be what happened.