Respected Contributor

I have an older version tablet.  Will the photos transfer to a new one?  Also, what does one do with old tablets as far as removing info for secutity reasons.  I only do internet, music, photos and occaisonally watch a video. No banking, purchasing, etc.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I have an older version tablet.  Will the photos transfer to a new one?  Also, what does one do with old tablets as far as removing info for secutity reasons.  I only do internet, music, photos and occaisonally watch a video. No banking, purchasing, etc.

Will the photos transfer to a new one? If the old tablet (whether it's a Fire or not) is using Prime Photos (an app that lets you store your photos in Amazon's cloud) then yes. All you have to do is download the Prime Photo app on the new tablet, log in, and your photos will be there. If you don't store your photos in Amazon's cloud on Prime Photos then you can still get them to the new tablet, it just becomes a bit harder. If the old tablet is an Android tablet, but not a Fire tablet, chances are the photos were backed up on Googles' cloud and can be found in the Google Photos app. Simply go to the Google Photos website on the new tablet and you can download the photos to your new tablet. You can also transfer photos using a USB connection to your computer and then from there to your new tablet. You can also use another cloud service to move the photos to, then transfer them from the cloud to your new tablet.

As for removing personal information, most tablets have a reset option that wipes out all of your old stuff, including apps, and resets it to like new making it relatively safe to transfer to someone else.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

if it's an Amazon product they all have " a deregister" function to delete from your Amz account 

Honored Contributor

I remove all the main apps and just use my old one to play games and read books.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

its good one i have new one and its awesome