Valued Contributor

Ipad on HSN2--is this a good price?

I just turned on HSN2 and watched their presentation for an Ipad (their TSV). You have a choice of 32 gb or 128, and have included accessories of a case with bluetooth keyboard and earbuds. The 32 gb is $399. Not being familiar with Ipads, would this be a good price or not (don't really need 128gb)? If anyone's awake right now, would appreciate hearing from you since the sale goes off in about an hour. Oh, a side note--I've also been considering a Chromebook from Best Buy. Need to replace a very old laptop. Which would be better--this Ipad or a Chromebook? (My main computer is a desktop, so the Ipad or Chromebook would not be for my primary use.)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ipad on HSN2--is this a good price?

Yes It's a good price but it is the older model, not the new one.  If you are going to use it for storing pictures, downloading movies, apps, saving emails etc, I would suggest the 128., 64 is really not a lot and once you run out of space you can't increase it.  I am no expert, just a very happy user.  

Frequent Contributor

Check out the Black Friday circular for the store with the red circle and red dot....

Honored Contributor

I had an iPad that was 64gb, not a huge number of photos and it was at capacity.  I replaced it with a Samsung Tablet which had an expandable memory to which you could add a SD card.  I like it much better and it wasn't as expensive as an iPad.  It came with 32gb and I added a 64gb SD card; I'll never run out of memory.

Go to the Apple Store and look at prices to compare.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

no all the shopping channels add in useless accessories and charge upwards of $100 + for them,  do your research and save some money

you don't need most of them, 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday’s technology today. I would buy locally and would buy the most current product. Never would I buy from a shopping channel. 

Super Contributor

The same iPad is $329.99 at Best Buy. But it doesn’t have all of the extras that HSN is offering. If that is important to you then it’s a decent deal. If you don’t care for the extras, look around. You can get decent cases for a reasonable price. Walmart will have this model on sale for $249.00. You can order online starting Wednesday at 10 PM EST. They both support the pencil like this one. If you’re a Costco member they will have the same on sale for $249.99 online only. I have had Samsung tablets, Amazon Fire, Asus, and now own iPads, which I like a whole lot more. The storage is the main drawback but they now have devices that can upload your photos whenever you need more storage. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for the good advice. I didn't bother to get it when it was offered because I thought I probably would be better off to wait for a better price, plus I'm actually leaning more and more towards a Chromebook. I'll be checking out the upcoming sales.

Esteemed Contributor

I have seen better mark downs then what QVC has .