Occasional Visitor

In October 2018, I bought the TSV, All-New 2018 2pk Amazon Fire 8" HD Tablets w/ C.  

I bought the two pack, one for me, one for my husband.  On Monday, he went to turn it on and it was DEAD.  No suggestions worked to bring it back to life.  

I have checked the website, and it is no longer available, nor can I find any information about it.  Did it come with a 1-year warranty?  I don't know, as there isn't any info anymore.  Nor can I find any blog posts about it.  

If anyone purchased this and has any info on whether it is covered by a warranty, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Did you call Amazon Help number?  Either they will walk you thru it or, at very least, offer you a decent discount if you buy another.  I am pretty sure it is out of warranty but you can ask.

Contributor

Contact Amazon Kindle customer service.  It has a one year warranty.  They will either help you restart it, or send you a replacement.

Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, plugging it in and then holding the power button for what seems like forever (really a minute or so) will revive a Fire tablet. If you haven't tried that, give it a shot.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The small tablets come with a 90 day warranty. The 10 " Fire has 1 year. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know about the 8" Fire tablets but I recently replaced my old 2012 7" Fire Tablet with a new supposedly improved 7" Fire tablet that truthfully is worse than my old 2012 model. It's got a cheaper feel to it. The screen quality is actually worse than the 2012 model. The sound is worse. It has more memory, but that's the only improvement. When I posted a negative review I got a call from Amazon Tech Suppport who seemed to feel it was fine, just more of an entry level tablet than I was used to. I told him that if that had been my first Fire tablet (it's my fourth) it wouldn't be an entry level model but an exit level model. It's just not a good option these days. I love my 10" tablet and my 2015 7" Fire HD tablet is good, but the new 2019 7" Fire tablet is really junky and not worth the money. It's definitely not an upgrade in any way other than memory over the 2012 version. Maybe mine is an underperformer and others are better, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you want a tablet you wouldn't mind losing if it got lost. I've already had to do one factory reset on it also as it kept losing the wallpaper and just randomly changing apps on me in the middle of doing something. The reset seems to have worked for now, but I'm not impressed by the new 7" Fire tablet.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire Died

[ Edited ]

I was on Amazon, this morning. They are asking, Do I want to trade in a tablet or a phone? I will buy a new 10"Fire when It comes to market. 

I really like Samsung 8 inch tablets. The tech is good. Samsung is trying to compete with Apple's iPad Pro,so no more tablets.

Contributor

This worked for me on old Kindle I thought had died:

http://iresq.com/apple-repair-news/kindle-fire-wont-turn-on-01/

Esteemed Contributor

Unless you brought a warranty for this product if memory serves me it only 90 days. I would never order any device from any shopping channel they sell older devices and problems  if something goes wrong. These are budget entry level products so you have to expect these devices are not made to last. Good luck to you! I hope you find a issue with your device.