Respected Contributor

If I set an alarm, can I get her to say what the reminder is for? I can't figure out how to do that. If she can't, I think she needs to learn. I wonder if Amazon is taking suggestions on how to make her do what we want.

In other words, here is what I want her to do. Maybe I'm not asking correctly.

Alexa, tomorrow at 4:00 PM remind me to call Sue.

Alexa, on February 25th at 3:00 PM remind me to pay my monthly sales tax for my store.

Alexa, tomorrow at 10:00 AM remind me to make a delivery.

I would love to use her in my business to remind me to do things on my calendar. I need more than the alarm going off. I need her to tell me what needs to be done. That would be great.

Or how about birthdays?

Alexa, Remind me on June 9th at 10:00 AM to call Mom and tell her Happy Birthday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Echo Alexa question?

The alarm will go off, but it won't tell you what it's for. Amazon is taking all kinds of suggestions on features to add (and this is a common one.) To send feedback go to your Echo app and from the home menu click on "General Feedback" and a form will pop up where you can send them any suggestions you have. They were very responsive in the early days of the Echo will callbacks coming within minutes of any suggestion being offered. They want to know what Echo users want and they're pretty good at adding new features. Drop them a note and they'll take it under advisement.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks Gardenman. I will give them this suggestion ""again"". They might listen if enough ask.

Alexa would be a great assistant at work if she could do this. Thanks!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I actually stumped Alexa. I asked her how many points is an English muffin on the Weight Watchers program (I already knew, was just testing her) and she couldn't find an answer for me.
Respected Contributor

I told her she was pretty and she said it was sweet of my to say so. LOL I also asked her if she had a boyfriend and she said she didn't have those kind of relationships. LOL

Respected Contributor

I have one more thing to say about the alarm issue. The sound is not alarming enough! It is too soothing. Make sense? It is not noticeable enough for me. Anyone else think that? I have it turned up as loud as it will go and it just blends with the tv. I need something with a high pitched sound.

Honored Contributor

Mima, Did you know you can turn the volume on the alarm up? I agree it needs to be more attention-getting.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Kachina624 said: Mima, Did you know you can turn the volume on the alarm up? I agree it needs to be more attention-getting.

I try to remember to say volume 10 before setting alarm. It just doesn't seem that "alarming". LOL

Thank you Kachina.

Respected Contributor

Maybe you could turn up the volume from the app. If I put the alarm at 10 I think it would be like a police siren.

Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2015 lovescats said:

Maybe you could turn up the volume from the app. If I put the alarm at 10 I think it would be like a police siren.

I'll try that. Thanks.

Edit: There is no way to turn up the alarm volume in the app that I could see.

Thanks anyway.