Honored Contributor

I listen to my Alexa every night at bed time and I will ask her to shut off in two hours, lately the time she shuts off is geeting shorter and shorter. Anyone use this function or have this issue

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I don't use this function, but in times when my echo/Alexa seems to be doing oddball things, I will unplug it let it sit for a few seconds and then plug it back in again and it seems to then be working OK.

There are times when it just beeps and makes noises, I ask "Alexa do I have a notification" and the answer is no.  That is confusing because it makes very much the same kind of beeps when it does have a notification that I've had a package delivered. 

Respected Contributor

Aren't there actual people listening in on those devices?

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Nope. It would take tens of millions of people to listen in on every Echo device. Let's see, I have an Echo, a Dot, an Echo add-on for my home theater system, a Fire TV HDTV, two Fire sticks, and three Fire tablets. So, for my house alone, they'd need nine people to listen to every device. And most of what they'd hear is me telling whichever cat is doing something wrong to stop doing whatever they're doing. If Amazon can afford to pay nine people to listen to me 24/7/365 then they've got way, way too much money. At $7.25 per hour minimum wage it would cost Amazon $174 per day per device. With nine devices that would cost them $1,566 per day to just listen to me talking to my cats. Yeah. It ain't happening. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

I do not think I disucss anything worth listening to especially when I am prepaaring to go to sleep

@Just Bling wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.