Esteemed Contributor

Re: After Installing Norton Strange Sound From Computer?

Sounds like it could be your fans ? Sometimes they heat up or get overheated. Make sure your computer is clean of all cookies and everything else before you install Norton. The fans could be cleaned by hand with a dry clean cloth or a small vacuum. Make sure your softwear is up to date with the new Norton installation. Good luck to you.

Valued Contributor

Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions. The sound is weird as I mentioned like the lowest note on a guitar going boom boom boom really fast. Actually I do not have email sounds anymore since yahoo decided they didn't want to do them anymore, very annoying as I liked knowing as soon as I got mail. Oh well at 81+ I will just have to deal with it and smile.Smile

Honored Contributor

Mine does that too. It was brand new when it started after I installed Norton. It's only the first startup of the day on mine. No-thang. Five years and still going like the EveReady bunny.

Valued Contributor

On 1/31/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Mine does that too. It was brand new when it started after I installed Norton. It's only the first startup of the day on mine. No-thang. Five years and still going like the EveReady bunny.

Thanks so much