Honored Contributor

I never have any trouble transferring my old phone to my new one.  I bought the LG Premier last year for my DH and myself.  We both have accounts set up on the Tracfone website.

Logged in, followed the directions and it all went without a hitch.  I like that our accounts also lists our history with all our previous phones shown.

I agree with the advice to make a note of your existing minutes and days of service - just in case!  I actually put both of our phones on our photocopier and did it that way.

And this last time the advice from the Tracfone rep on QVC, about using the Transfer Wizard to move all my contacts, photos, etc. over - wow!  It was so simple and quick.  What an improvement from years ago.

Respected Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal YES.  Always write down your minutes, text and data in case something goes wrong - I take a picture of it on my phone too! lol.  Easiest to use website.  It's new and improved.

@SouthFlorida321 - I had a hard time with the new website at first - didn't know you went to the bottom of that popup offering additional items to check out - couldn't figure where the checkout was.

Respected Contributor
I decided to get HSN's LG Fiesta about a month ago since my Premier's one-year service will be up next month. The special price and free s/h were still in effect, too. I always activate via the 800 number, with no problems. Since I still have time on the Premier, I just got a new phone number.

BTW, I love the Fiesta. I'd ordered some great cases, and they arrived before the phone did lol. Are they kidding with all of this "white" with Nougat, though? It's 2017, and COLOR is where it's at! And I don't want to download apps for that, either. Or for the blah, pale icons. Even the options in the Fiesta's replacement icon gallery are nondescript, so I downloaded some pics from the web, then used those, whoch is what I did with the Premier, too. They only show up on the home screen, but that's the screen that's visible most often.

And the fast charge is great!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I activated my phone today surprisingly with no problems. I have a Tracfone I keep in the house for emergencies in case the landline phone goes out. It expires at the end of September so I either have to add airtime to it or be on the lookout for a new phone offer. Someone mentioned buying a year's time for $50, I didn't know that is an option. How does one go about doing this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Activating My Tracfone

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I activated my phone today surprisingly with no problems. I have a Tracfone I keep in the house for emergencies in case the landline phone goes out. It expires at the end of September so I either have to add airtime to it or be on the lookout for a new phone offer. Someone mentioned buying a year's time for $50, I didn't know that is an option. How does one go about doing this?

Jordan, I am the poster who bought 365 days of service time the other day and I paid $50.00.  Google:  "Tracfone extension of service days" and go from there.  It may take a bit of looking but that's what I did.  Good luck.

I decided not to get a new phone this year and will make that decision next Sept. 2018.

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Jordan, I am the poster who bought 365 days of service time the other day and I paid $50.00.  Google:  "Tracfone extension of service days" and go from there.  It may take a bit of looking but that's what I did.  Good luck.

I decided not to get a new phone this year and will make that decision next Sept. 2018.

@Big Sister, thank you! My year ends at the very end of September. I'm going to wait and see there is a good offer on a phone, if not I will look into the year extension as I really don't need any extra minutes, data, and texts.