Trusted Contributor

Are these handbags customer returns from the Dooney site?  

If not, are we to assume that the Dooney site sells customer returns?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about ilovedooney

Why would we ASSUME either sells customer returns?  QVC  sell customer returns.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Dooney owns ilovedooney.  Why?  Is it because they use a secondary website to sell customer returns from their original site?  

I need to know if the handbags at ilovedooney are marked down because they are customer returns.

Honored Contributor

ILoveDooney offers you the best of Dooney & Bourke handbags and accessories at prices you can love. Through our partnership with Dooney & Bourke, all the products sold on ILoveDooney are 100% authentic and delivered in brand new condition in the original packaging. Additionally, any product sold by ILoveDooney is covered by Dooney & Bourke’s ironclad one-year guarantee. Dooney & Bourke stands behind the durability of its leather goods and offers an unconditional guarantee against any defects in craftsmanship for a full year of normal use.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @sunshine45 .  I really don't understand their need for two websites.

Respected Contributor

They're usually old models that have been retired. Some have to overruns.

I did order one bag that I think would never pass muster for sale in a B&M.  The bag I received was in brand new condition with packaging, etc. It was flawed. The sierra trim had a "wrinkled" effect. Some of the product is what I would consider irregular or a second.  I can remember reading a review of a bag and the purchaser had said the handles on her bag had been stamped.

Valued Contributor

I’ve bought many bags from both websites and haven’t had a problem with either of them. Quality is equal on I Love Dooney.
Contributor

I have bought 2 bags from ilovedooney.com Both have been in great shape at a great deal. Dooney.com only has the latest and greatest style and colors.... I love dooney has last years styles and colors. Since we all know our dooney's are timeless.... i dont care if it is last years model. Free shipping and great discounts. I only use QVC if i want to use the easy pay. Although if i did want a new new one... Dooney. com has dooney pay. 

Respected Contributor

I have puchased many handbags from Dooney... all venues...retail boutiques, outlets, I Love Dooney, and Dooney dot com, as well as department stores and QVC.  I find no difference in quality or condition of the handbags regardless of the source.   Most handbags are perfect.  When there is a flaw (I'm very picky) the bag might have come from any of the sources,  there is no difference.... I don't get more flawed handbags from any one of these sources.   There might be style differences.... leather trim on inside pockets, or not,  but this is a design choice, not a flaw.  

As for handbags being a customer return,  you are more likely to find those from department stores or even QVC or Dooney outlets.   Doesn't mean you won't get customer returns elsewhere,  but Dooney dot com and I Love Dooney aren't set up for the purpose of recycling customer returns.... not that it couldn't happen if someone buys and returns a handbag from them.

Most handbags today are mass produced,  and the quality control doesn't always check each handbag or find all the things that I find.  That's just a reality.  I'm not willing to pay for someone else to check over every inch of a handbag to be sure it meets my perfection standards.... those brands are out of my comfort zone.