Honored Contributor

The squirrel is just not funny

The squirrel is just not funny. It reminds me of Romper Room.

Respected Contributor

Re: The squirrel is just not funny

I don't know why QVC condones this. It's very odd.

Trusted Contributor

I love the squirrels, Nutsy and Acorn, they lighten up the show.

Respected Contributor

I dvr the shows and ff though most everything. I only watch what I'm interested in. I miss most of the silliness but if I did see it it would not bother me. They're trying to lighten things up. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I dvr the shows and ff though most everything. I only watch what I'm interested in. I miss most of the silliness but if I did see it it would not bother me. They're trying to lighten things up. 

@Lali1 @If the squirrels actually said or did something funny it wouldn't be so bad. They give the squirrel the voice of Gumby or the voice used in the Mr. Bill skits on a Saturday Night Live. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interestingly, I was checking out channels this morning and stopped on HSN. 

There was the host - Guy - using a gray squirrel as a show guest on his Fall show! So, someone must think the squirrels are clever, cute or funny!

At the beginning, I thought they were an okay addition   with Carolyn and Gary.  But, they need to be retired now.  No need to see them on every show....save for special occasions!!

Honored Contributor

It reminds me of Gus, the "second most famous groundhog in Pennsylvania."  He's a creation of the Pennsylvania Lottery and is in commercials for instant win tickets.  Their tagline: "Keep On Scratchin'"  Yes, it's as corny as it sounds.

Gus-groundhog.jpg

Honored Contributor

it was funny one time 

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

I don't know why QVC condones this. It's very odd.

Condones what?  Having some light-hearted fun and interaction?

Honored Contributor

I've never watched them or the squirrel but why would they need to "lighten up the show"????   Isn't their purpose to sell product????  If it's to waste time, just add more products and spend less time on each.