New Contributor

does square trade only cover electronics that you buy from QVC?

Super Contributor

@NANA5560 wrote:

does square trade only cover electronics that you buy from QVC?

Hi @NANA5560

You are correct Square Trade is for electronic purchases that you buy from QVC.

Click this link to learn more about the service: Square Trade

Have a nice day!

Esteemed Contributor

No - I bought a Phillip's electric toothbrush from Amazon.  Since it cost $100 I decided to have square's protection.  I used square for some other item, not from the Q, but can't recall the item.

Honored Contributor

This is from an article dated January 2013.  There are probably more companies that it's available to now.

SquareTrade's protection plans through Tech Data cover all mechanical and electrical failures from normal use, including 100% of the cost of parts and labor with no deductibles across all product lines. Already available to consumers at Amazon, Costco, Sam's Club, TigerDirect, Toshiba, Vizio, eBay, QVC, and more, SquareTrade offers 24/7 customer support and a five-day or less service guarantee.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

There seems to have been some incorrect info here.  First of all, Square Trade has been in business for well over 10 years (that I know of, anyway, as I've been buying their extended warranties since 2004) and, NO it's not just a QVC entity!

I started first seeing ST with an ebay purchase I made back in 2004.  

It's immaterial where you purchased the merchandise.    I have ST extended warranties on everything from computers to cameras, lenses, televisions, blu-ray players and DVD players, and kitchen appliances - all of which have been purchased over all these years at numerous places, but I don't think a single one was purchased at  QVC.

Only recently have I seen mention of ST extended warranties attached to products sold here and, BTW, it's best to compare the price from the ST site because a lot of retailers offer these ST warranties for higher prices than you can get directly from ST.  Just an FYI.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks for that information @chickenbutt.  I have bookmarked the website for the next time I'm interested in getting a warranty for a purchase.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Glad to help, Nick!   I was never an 'extended warranty' person, per se, but when Square Trade came along and the prices were so profoundly low, I started buying in and it gave me a comfort level knowing that products were covered for three, and there are some cases that are 4 or 5, years.

I live by Murphy's Law.  I know that if I don't buy a warranty the item will die on me.  I also know that if I DO buy a warranty, it will last forever.  Smiley Happy    Bottom line, I buy the warranty for many things.

It's based on price paid, so some of the things I've covered only cost me a few (literally) dollars.

But the one time I had to call in a warranty (on a laptop) I can not speak highly enough of the service of Square Trade!  In every way it was convenient, helpful, and they fixed it.  That was several years ago and it still works just fine.