Contributor

Really, QVC. Place an order and several hours later no changes can be made? We all know the order isn't going anywhere. It takes FOREVER for orders to ship...ugh!

Honored Contributor

@cingisbelievingYou're right that items can remain :in process" for some # of days.

BUT -  that varies from place to place and order to order and I can't possibly be the only QVC shopper whose orders are still arriving in exactly the same average number of days they've taken for years now -   and that numbver is as much as a week better than it was in the days nostalgia tells some people that QVC was perfect.

QVC is the only TV shopping network I order from, but, please, like any company, it was never perfect.

Seems to me that if "we all know the order isn't going anywhere", we ought t0 also be able to figure out how to order less impulsively so that we don'ty have to make changes so quickly 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

Gee, maybe someone 'impulsively' ordered one color and decided to change it for another color?

Wanting to "change" an order, not cancel it, does not mean "ordering impulsively" in my mind.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  You may well be right, but since OP said "we all know"  I'm sticking with she should have known -- and saving my sympathies for someone knew to QVC who didn't know. 

BTW, if I didn't read the Forums, I would have no idea QVC has been having "in process" and shipping problems because each of my orders is still arriving on or before its EDD.

Contributor

No disrespect - but not only am I not an impulsive shopper, I have always been able to make changes to an order that was "in process". 

All my orders automatically go into that status. I know because I just ordered something else a few minutes ago. Smiley Frustrated

Super Contributor

I noticed that I don't get the "in process" message very long.  Instead, it says "shipped".  Then it stays like that for 4 or 5 days until it gets a destination scan.  So really the only thing that has changed is that in process is shorter and shipped is longer and it still takes at least 12 days to receive something from QVC (I live on west coast). I can track my package through UPS MY CHOICE for free even if it arrives by USPS.

Trusted Contributor

I have been getting my stuff pretty quickly.  Early Friday eveningI made an impulsive purchase, fortunately for not a lot of money, when I got up Saturday morning I thought perhaps I shouldn't have.  I considered myself lucky to be able to cancel it.  Had I not be able too, I would have either returned it or gifted (or donated) to someone.  Like I said, it wasn't for a ton of money just got caught up in the hype which I generally don't do.  

Honored Contributor

@onliner wrote:

I noticed that I don't get the "in process" message very long.  Instead, it says "shipped".  Then it stays like that for 4 or 5 days until it gets a destination scan.  So really the only thing that has changed is that in process is shorter and shipped is longer and it still takes at least 12 days to receive something from QVC (I live on west coast). I can track my package through UPS MY CHOICE for free even if it arrives by USPS.

@onliner. Many orders from West Coasters are now being shipped from the warehouse in Ontario,  Ca.  I get those orders here in Albuquerque in 3-4 days.   I order mostly clothing and almost all of my orders ship in 3 days.  It's UPS that pokes  around and takes forever with 4+ days delays at its distribution centers.  They come to a screeching stop on weekends.  They need to work 24/7.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "In Process"

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@onliner wrote:

@onliner. Many orders from West Coasters are now being shipped from the warehouse in Ontario,  Ca.  I get those orders here in Albuquerque in 3-4 days.   I order mostly clothing and almost all of my orders ship in 3 days.  It's UPS that pokes  around and takes forever with 4+ days delays at its distribution centers.  They come to a screeching stop on weekends.  They need to work 24/7.

@Kachina624 

I am on the East Coast and mine can stay ITP for  weeks and then "SHIPPED"  only means the info not the item, was sent to the shipper!  

QVC has become unbearable ! 

Valued Contributor

I thinkI figured out what IN PROCESS really means.  I sent back a pair of NYDJ for an exhange of color only.  First thing in the mor ning I have an email that my order has been placed - I look up the order only to find out there was no exhange because they are sending out size 6 in regular length when the exchange should be only for the color of the jeans.  I try to change online an doh no - IN PROCESS  cannot edit./  So I call CS and read her the riot act (poor girl) - I screamed don't any of you read the posts EVERYONE is sick and tired of IN PROCESS????  Then I process they can't even get the exchange correctly - sending out the wrong length of pants so of course it is IN PROCESS so she cannot even change it so will send the correct exchange.  I also snapped why should customers be so inconvenienced by having to wrap up another item and return when we cannot make changes while IN PROCESS.  QVC needs to change it's name because there is no Quality anymore or Value anymore or Convenience anymore.  IN PROCESS - to me - means they have entered the order into their computer system for future shipment and God forbid they be able to go back into the computer and make a change so we are stuck!