Contributor

Nothing is for free when it comes to QVC.  I ordered pants (thought I had cancelled them), they arrived were nice but too big. I thought I would take advantage of free exchange.  Not free.  You have to pay the return postage, so I am already out $13.95 if I use their label and the original shipping.  They will ship the replacement for free, but hopefully you won't have to return them either because you will have to pay return shipping again!  So I just returned them.

Regular Contributor

Re: "Free exchanges"

[ Edited ]

This is not true. You will not be charged.  I return and its an "even steven" exchange.  If you see a charge on your account you need to inform CS.  By the way: This policy went into effect August 1st.  If your purchase was before that date you're out of luck.

Respected Contributor

I agree with having to call CS and having the shipping fee deleted.

However, this is a common practice of QVC.  Think of how many people don't bother to call CS and get this fee deleted.  

They're counting on that. 

Honored Contributor

I have never returned an item for an exchange but if the policy is now "free" exchanges I don't see why the customer has to be the one to tell QVC what their policy is in order to get the refund.  The credit should be automatic.  It should not be necessary to call CS.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with you @kaydee50 but unfortunately it is up to the consumer to be sure that credits are appropriately charged back. IMO you can't count on the company you bought from to be fair.  Sad but true

Super Contributor

I'm lost.  If I send back a top for a different size or color.  The return shipping is FREE & the shipping to receive the new item is FREE?

Contributor

I received the items yesterday and called customer service to clarify what the policy is and that is what I was told by the CS rep.  She is obviously misinformed.

Honored Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

I'm lost.  If I send back a top for a different size or color.  The return shipping is FREE & the shipping to receive the new item is FREE?

Correct and it's not just clothing.

It's jewelry, etc.

If you get the wrong size or color, swapping is freeeeeee

No matter the reason, QVC is here to help with our 30-day return policy for easy returns & free exchanges. For returns, send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for a refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping & handling and the Q Return Label fee. For an exchange, simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee. If an item is returned due to defect, QVC was in error, or request for exchange/replacement, QVC will refund the shipping & handling and will not deduct the Q Return Label fee. 

Contributor

You should not have to call CS about everything.   Two weeks ago I ordered something and received a notice from UPS that the box had been destroyed and was empty, and was being returned.  I called CS about that on Monday and the CS rep asked me if I still wanted it, I told her yes.  She saw the notification from UPS. I asked why it wasn't just sent out automatically and she said that they were waiting for the package to be returned and I thought  to myself "so you were waiting for an empty box"?  I had already been charged for the item and and she put it in to be resent.  You should not have to waste time calling.  I had a similar problem with HSN and didn't have to do a thing.

Super Contributor

It would be Nice if the hosts would explain  the new policy.  No they're too busy telling us we can wear it to the pumpkin patch or wherever. Lol