Esteemed Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

It would be Nice if the hosts would explain  the new policy.  No they're too busy telling us we can wear it to the pumpkin patch or wherever. Lol

LOL, Going to the pumpkin patch, lunch with the girls, walking along the boardwalk, etc. etc, etc, ..... all things I rarely do.  However, they paint a nice picture, don't they?  I guess it is better than, "Going to work everyday," or "cleaning the house" !!!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

It would be Nice if the hosts would explain  the new policy.  No they're too busy telling us we can wear it to the pumpkin patch or wherever. Lol

@Serena Sue, its that time of the year again. Every outfit/shoe they sell from now until October will be appropriate to wear pumpkin-picking...

Honored Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

I'm lost.  If I send back a top for a different size or color.  The return shipping is FREE & the shipping to receive the new item is FREE?

@Serena Sue - Yes 

Honored Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

They have and are.  I've heard several hosts explain it.

Super Contributor

@PA Girl 58 wrote:

Nothing is for free when it comes to QVC.  I ordered pants (thought I had cancelled them), they arrived were nice but too big. I thought I would take advantage of free exchange.  Not free.  You have to pay the return postage, so I am already out $13.95 if I use their label and the original shipping.  They will ship the replacement for free, but hopefully you won't have to return them either because you will have to pay return shipping again!  So I just returned them.

@PA Girl 58 - It's too bad that the CS rep gave you the wrong information regarding the new policy of free exchanges.  So far, it's looking like QVC didn't make sure 100% of customer service and the returns/exchange department employees were made aware of this policy change.  From reading the posts here, you are not the only one given incorrect information.  I had two thoughts about your post that might be of use to you.  

First, you might want to double check the total that you think you will be out for just returning this order.  You said $13.95, but that sounds extra high for pants.  Most pants seem to have $3 shipping and $6.95 return label fee for a total of $9.95 .  Perhaps the CS rep did not correctly explain the regular return policy?  I know some people have been incorrectly told that they get charged the original $3 shipping twice on returns or that it was a restocking fee. (Correct policy: No restocking fees.  Original shipping is not refunded.  If you use the prepaid label, the stated fee will be deducted...usually $6.95  for pants and shirts.  Or you can choose your own return shipping, pay the shipper directly and QVC is "not supposed" to deduct the return label fee.).

My other thought is related to you thinking you cancelled this order.  Did you receive a cancellation confirmation e-mail?  Unless you are good about actually, truly dumping your email "trash" you might find a copy there in your email program.  Or, did you receive one of those letters from QVC (think it gets sent USPS), apologizing that the order you cancelled ended up shipping?  If you have either of those things as proof, you could easily ask to get the original and return shipping fees returned since they shouldn't have sent the cancelled order. 

Hopefully something in my long,wordy post is of help to you!

Contributor

Hi Denise - I was charged $6.00 for the original shipping ($3.00) per pant, and then $6.95 for their return label.  I am quite adept at returning and the shipping costs are ridiculous.  I thought I had cancelled them, but I could be mistaken.  I was just looking at a pair of Earth shoes and the shipping is $9.97. That is way too much. I know that Easy Pay is convenient and makes things more manageable but that is just ridiculous.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Super Contributor

@PA Girl 58 - Silly me, it didn't occur to me that you ordered 2 items and returned them in the same package for one label fee....I do that all the time myelf.  The sad part is that we, the customer,  do have to be quite adept at monitoring all of our returns and now exchanges to make sure that they are being processed correctly.  I'm glad that QVC added the free exchanges,  but they really should have made sure each and every CS rep actually understands the new policy!