Trusted Contributor

Re: "As Is" shoes - DISGUSTING

@chrystaltreeSee post 2 from customer service.

Honored Contributor

@kze wrote:

@chrystaltreeSee post 2 from customer service.

I'm happy for OP.  I'm glad they made it right for her so quickly.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal   Shoes that have been really worn should never be in a category AS IS.  Dirty, disgusting.  I have had good experiences with AS IS but this is the 2nd pair of dirty shoes.  It is such a turn off.   The Q really needs to get a grip on this.  People that wear shoes for fun and return are abusing the system.  The Q needs to change their policy about the condition shoes are returned in.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

If purchasing as-is items you kind of get what you paid for. If you're expecting new looking items then as-is is not for you. I just don't understand the concept of ordering used items then complaining when they come in and yep, they are used. 

@ID2  - I've purchased many As Is items through the years.  Everything I've received has always been in pristine condition - including shoes. 

As Is items are a great bargain and in my experience are always new/new looking.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2   "As-is" usually refers to items that were on air and display during a presentation; it may be something that the models wore and then removed (no different than people trying on clothing at a store). It may be a customer return; not an issue as many of us order something only to find it's the wrong color, the wrong size, didn't work in our house, etc. It is NOT supposed to be defective or WORN...as in obvious wear and tear.

I ordered pumpkins and gourds that were "as-is" from Valerie back in October/November. Almost all of the boxes had paper taped to them that read "from Fall show 2017"; some had "Fall show airings" and no date. This told me that this were most likely the items on air during one of the many shows she had. Everything was fine, the boxes had obviously been opened and closed many times. But the items were perfect in every. THAT is what you expect when you order "as-is".

Huge difference between a pair of sandals slipped on and then immediately packed up and shipped back

vs

a pair of sandals with SWEAT induced foot stains/print on the footbed, obvious wear and tear and stones embedded into the grooves of the sandals sole.

I mean...really?

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

If purchasing as-is items you kind of get what you paid for. If you're expecting new looking items then as-is is not for you. I just don't understand the concept of ordering used items then complaining when they come in and yep, they are used. 

@ID2, this is not true.  Even the mod above said they shouldn't have been sent out in that condition.

I ordered from as-is multiple times.  Only twice have I received items that were damaged.  Everything else looked brand new.  I never would have known the items weren't.

Something that obviously worn and abused should have been tossed, not resent to another customer.