Honored Contributor

I have purchased As Is shoes a couple of times and they were fine.  Today, I opened an As Is package and the sandals were digusting.  Dirty footbed -- I would not put my foot inside that sandal and the soles were obviously getting a good work out because there were little stones stuck to it.  To me, As Is is something that is clean and wearable.  Why oh why is QVC shipping out disgusting dirty shoes?

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

Re: "As Is" shoes - DISGUSTING

[ Edited ]

Hi @Katcat1 I'm very sorry that this happened. Please return the shoes using the Q Return Label and we'll be happy to process a full refund or even exchange if available. As Is items are not new but they are not supposed to come in that condition. I will forward your feedback so hopefully this does not happen again. 

Respected Contributor

I've never purchased a 'As-is" item from QVC, never know what you might get.

Frequent Contributor

Hello. 

I have not tried ordering "as is" shoes; however, today an "as is" Dooney arrived in pristine condition.  I think the Q could use extra personnel in the returns department.  Sorry your shoes were a bust and that you have to hassle with the return.

Respected Contributor

The “As Is” items I’ve ordered have usually been in great condition.

I did receive one defective top. However, I did not blame QVC because someone damaged and clumsily repaired an inside shoulder seam. It was not noticeable until I tried it on.

Honored Contributor

Sorry that happened @Katcat1

I've had success with my As Is purchases thus far - shoes included.

Hope you can get another pair.

Super Contributor

The condition of As Is items I've bought varies.

I bought an As Is candle lantern but the button to turn it on/off was broken, actually missing..  Not wanting to return it my husband rigged up a paper clip to get it working but I'm surprised QVC didn't see it broken off.

As Is clothes are usually fine except when the previous buyer put the item in the dryer.  When I order a Large it fits perfectly as long as it hasn't been shrunken from dryer use.

Honored Contributor

If purchasing as-is items you kind of get what you paid for. If you're expecting new looking items then as-is is not for you. I just don't understand the concept of ordering used items then complaining when they come in and yep, they are used. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

If purchasing as-is items you kind of get what you paid for. If you're expecting new looking items then as-is is not for you. I just don't understand the concept of ordering used items then complaining when they come in and yep, they are used. 

@ID2.  That's not always true as seen by a number of posts in this thread. 

Honored Contributor

I can't wrap my head around why a person would even buy as-is shoes.  There's an ick factor to that because with the 30 day return policy, a person can walk around wearing those shoes for month and then clean off the soles and return them.  Which is what happened to you.  The woman wore them for weeks but didn't bother to clean off the soles.  QVC gets millions of returns in a year and it's virtually impossible for them to inspect every single item.  Some nasty stuff, like those shoes, is going to make it's way through.  I think QVC should give return your money and your s&h charge because this scenario is really a defect.  It's not like you are saying they don't fit or you don't like the color.  I would call and speak to customer service and explain that to them.