Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

problems with Q2 live stream on website

Something seems to be wrong with the loading/connection of the QVC2 live stream on the website. If you select "Watch QVC2 TV" from the "Shop QVC TV" drop-down menu, the page will show the live stream for a minute or two, and then it begins buffering. If you try to refresh the page, it stops working altogether. I noticed this happening on both my home computer last night and my office computer today (the former is a Windows 7 machine and the latter a Windows 10 machine, both using the latest Chrome browser). The problem crops up more quickly if you open the live stream, minimize the browser window or go to another tab, and then come back (i.e., if you're multi-tasking).

However, if you go to the QVC 2 live stream through either A) selecting "Watch QVC TV" from the "Shop QVC TV" drop-down menu and then clicking the QVC 2 tab, or B) selecting "Items Recently on Air" from the "Shop QVC TV" drop-down menu and then clicking "Watch Live" and selecting the QVC 2 tab, the stream is fine and does not buffer or have issues.

The difference seems to be the landing page. For the process/problem described in the first paragraph, you go to a page with a big box Q2 logo and this bit at the top: Watch QVC2™ & get more of what you already love about the Q! Discover additional live shows & lots of extra fun, plus don't miss out on the QVC2 Big Deal™, the hottest value of the day. For the processes in the second paragraph, you end up on a totally different page.

I just thought I'd share this with the customer service team in case anyone is reporting issues or starts reporting issues. It seems to be just that one avenue that is causing the problems, but it is the shortest and most logical way for someone to try to watch QVC 2 online. The workaround is fine for me now that I've figured it out, so this is simply an FYI...

QVC Customer Care

Re: problems with Q2 live stream on website

@loriqvc wrote:

Something seems to be wrong with the loading/connection of the QVC2 live stream on the website. If you select "Watch QVC2 TV" from the "Shop QVC TV" drop-down menu, the page will show the live stream for a minute or two, and then it begins buffering. If you try to refresh the page, it stops working altogether. I noticed this happening on both my home computer last night and my office computer today (the former is a Windows 7 machine and the latter a Windows 10 machine, both using the latest Chrome browser). The problem crops up more quickly if you open the live stream, minimize the browser window or go to another tab, and then come back (i.e., if you're multi-tasking).

However, if you go to the QVC 2 live stream through either A) selecting "Watch QVC TV" from the "Shop QVC TV" drop-down menu and then clicking the QVC 2 tab, or B) selecting "Items Recently on Air" from the "Shop QVC TV" drop-down menu and then clicking "Watch Live" and selecting the QVC 2 tab, the stream is fine and does not buffer or have issues.

The difference seems to be the landing page. For the process/problem described in the first paragraph, you go to a page with a big box Q2 logo and this bit at the top: Watch QVC2™ & get more of what you already love about the Q! Discover additional live shows & lots of extra fun, plus don't miss out on the QVC2 Big Deal™, the hottest value of the day. For the processes in the second paragraph, you end up on a totally different page.

I just thought I'd share this with the customer service team in case anyone is reporting issues or starts reporting issues. It seems to be just that one avenue that is causing the problems, but it is the shortest and most logical way for someone to try to watch QVC 2 online. The workaround is fine for me now that I've figured it out, so this is simply an FYI...

@loriqvc  Thank you for posting the issue on Q-2 Live, I have reported the issue to the appropriate team to research.

Thanks again!!

Susan Q-Social