Occasional Contributor

Yet another order foul-up in less than a week.

I ordered a Barbara King 5'3" x 7' Indoor/Outdoor Rug several weeks ago. Shipping took longer than expected, but that's sort of to be expected in the current world climate. But then today when it finally arrives I realize just by looking at the package it cannot possibly be a 5'3 x 7' rug. I checked the shipping slip and it stated it was, so...I opened it only to find a runner. So, now I have to go to all the hassle of rewrapping this, and getting to the post office or to UPS to return it--and PAY for the return shipping to boot? I think I'm done with QVC. You cannot reach customer service by phone, email or chat. And this is the second foul-up in a week with a QVC order. I am furious. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Yet another order foul-up in less than a week.

This was QVC's error.  They will cover the return shipping.  Call CS to have them document it on your account.  They'll also send out the correct item if they have it in stock.

Occasional Contributor

Have YOU tried calling customer service??? You cannot get through. If you call you get a busy signal. Email and chat do not work. 

Respected Contributor

I'd keep trying.  They will make it right.

I would also reach out to the customer care team on the forums here.....  a lot of people do that, and they seem very responsive.  Good luck 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tcherot  You should have 90 days to return. Give it a week or so, and chat should work for you. My returns for QVC mistakes have always worked for me eventually, without expense on my part. Give it some time.

Super Contributor

@Tcherot wrote:

I ordered a Barbara King 5'3" x 7' Indoor/Outdoor Rug several weeks ago. Shipping took longer than expected, but that's sort of to be expected in the current world climate. But then today when it finally arrives I realize just by looking at the package it cannot possibly be a 5'3 x 7' rug. I checked the shipping slip and it stated it was, so...I opened it only to find a runner. So, now I have to go to all the hassle of rewrapping this, and getting to the post office or to UPS to return it--and PAY for the return shipping to boot? I think I'm done with QVC. You cannot reach customer service by phone, email or chat. And this is the second foul-up in a week with a QVC order. I am furious. 

Legally, if they sent you the wrong item, you don't have to return it or pay for it. 

Honored Contributor

@Tcherot    You don't have to take it to the post office.  Roll it up it it's wrappings, stick the Q return label on it.  Go to the USPS website and ask for a pick up at the time and place of your choice.  They'll come and get it and send you a confirmation that they have it.  Easy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I've been reading the forums for years and I've noticed that for **months** the live chat feature does NOT work.

I know this has been posted before, just a heads up.

Occasional Contributor

I can only only hope they are more "responsive" than the mix up from last week. Took five days, I dealt with six different customer service reps and each one gave me a vastly different answer. Still have no idea if I will get a refund or what for an order that just "disappeared". I realize QVC is overwhelmed right now, but they only have themselves to blame. One cardinal rule for retail is to underpromise and overdeliver. They overpromise and under deliver. Worse, I work night shift so having to deal with customer service during my "night" is a nightmare. 

Occasional Contributor

Maybe, but if I cannot get hold of customer service, I will be charged for the item I actually bought, which was over twice as much.