Regular Contributor

The people in the shipping department need to take a little more care when they send out items. I received the Joan Rivers suede jacket instead of a Joan Rivers sweater vest. There is a big difference in materials and obviously no one was looking at anything . Now I have to wait almost another month to have the return processed and a new item set out . I am disgusted with the Q.. This may stop or change my buying habits.

Respected Contributor

At least your order was "close", jacket vs. vest. Once I ordered a pair of pants from a catalog and got someone else's boots instead. DH worked as a picker/packer in a warehouse once and said a worker put the wrong shipping sticker on the wrong boxes. I eventually got is straightened out.

Respected Contributor

I agree this is annoying, but anyone can make an error; we all do.  Think of all the "pulls" they do right.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

That happened to me once too.  I got a Joan Rivers duster/sweater type thing that I did not order.  Don't remember if it was out of the blue or in place of something else.  But nonetheless, someone at QVC goofed.  With the volume that they do, those things are bound to happen.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

It happens everywhere. One time I was supposed to receive a pair of jeans from Talbots. Instead of my jeans, they sent me a size 2 acqua taffeta bolero jacket. It looked like it would fit a Barbie doll. LOL.

Honored Contributor

If this is the first time it's happened, I'd brush it off.  Unfortunately, errors happen. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wrong item sent

[ Edited ]

This also  happens to me - probably 1 out of 20 orders. I buy mostly lunchtime specials and other sales (only good ones! Woman Happy) so  often the item I ordered is now out of stock. Mistakes happen!  QVC is very good about waiving any fee related to the  return- and it's my reminder to re evaulate my 'needs' vs 'wants.'....

Occasional Contributor

In contrast, I have been shopping with nearly all the major retailers for years including HSN and NEVER ONCE got a wrong or backordered item.  I'm not sure what all those companies are doing differently but QVC needs to take care of this costly problem.  It costs QVC to pay for both original shipping costs.  

I received 5 packages in one week and 4 of them were wrong!!!!  

We as customers will ultimately bear the cost of these mistakes as seen in the recent increase in shipping costs.  

I can't shop somewhere when I am not sure when or if I will get the item.  The return shippping  and resending the item takes weeks while my money is tied up. 

One other thing, how many people just keep the wrong item that was sent because it was more expensive and nicer than the one they ordered??? More lost profit for QVC that we will have to make up as customers.

Occasional Contributor

Sadly it happens to me all the time.   In contrast, I have been shopping with nearly all the major retailers for years including HSN and NEVER ONCE got a wrong or backordered item.  I'm not sure what all those companies are doing differently but QVC needs to take care of this costly problem.  It costs QVC to pay for both original shipping costs.  

I received 5 packages in one week and 4 of them were wrong!!!!  

We as customers will ultimately bear the cost of these mistakes as seen in the recent increase in shipping costs.  

I can't shop somewhere when I am not sure when or if I will get the item.  The return shippping  and resending the item takes weeks while my money is tied up. 

One other thing, how many people just keep the wrong item that was sent because it was more expensive and nicer than the one they ordered??? More lost profit for QVC that we will have to make up as customers.