Worst Customer Service Ever!

[ Edited ]

I think I've just experienced the worst customer service of my life. About a month ago I ordered a mattress set from QVC. I'd ordered previous mattresses in the past from QVC, and I've been very satisfied. A few days ago, I got a text from "XPO" asking me to call and schedule a delivery time for my mattress. I scheduled it for today from 3 to 7. I wasn't thrilled about this because I'd be wasting my whole day off work waiting for them, but that's the state of things in the world now. 

This morning I started getting calls about the delivery. Some of the calls came up as scam alerts and some showed up originating in Nebraska, I'm in Florida.  Around 11, they called and told me the trucks were broken down and they didn't know when they could come, or even if they could make it today.  I was suspicious, so I Googled "XPO" and they are a real shipping company, but they were closed, so I couldn't confirm this was a legit delivery. One QVC representative told me they might be trying to get money out of me.  I called QVC several times, and they were unhelpful. QVC customer service told me to call QVC delivery, and I left a message, but they never called back. 

Meanwhile, the delivery guy who didn't speak very fluent English kept calling and telling me the trucks were still broken and they couldn't tell me when they would come. Eventually they called and said they'd come around 8:30PM. 

I was very uncomfortable about letting suspicous strangers into my house after dark. I called QVC again and explained the situation. I asked her to confirm that QVC contracted with XPO to make the delivery. She claimed that they had no contract with XPO and it was a company that sounded like "MED" or something like that would deliver it. She also said the mattress had not been delivered to the delivery people yet, and it was still being shipped. She said it was shipped on the 20th, and it was supposed to arrive on May 5th, and she could track it all on her computer. I said that doesn't make any sense. She said those people calling me could not have my mattress. So, I was very concerned by what she said. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she literally refused to allow it. She said the supervisor would just tell me the same thing she did. I was very angry and upset at this point. 

I called the delivery guy back and told him QVC said he couldn't have my matress, and they have not contracted with him. He said he didn't know anything about that, and told me to call XPO who closed at 5. I told him not to come and send it back to QVC.

Well, after thinking about it, I called him back and told him if he was legit I would leave my old matress on the porch and he could drop off the new one, but I'm not letting him in the house. He said he had to come in the house, and he would ask his supervisor if it was ok. I asked if I could speak with his supervisor, but he said I couldn't. I told him to call me back after he spoke with him, but it's now 8:42 and dark and no one has called. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Worst Customer Service Ever!

Welcome to the Forum @Unhappycamper1.

Email QVC's Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order number and explanation if you didn't get your mattress.

They are very nice and helpful.  

Honored Contributor

It could very well be the legitimate ship company, and qvc wasn't right.  Because that has happened before.  But who knows.  I do most companies do not answer phones anymore.  Everything goes to voice mail.  I hate that, but that seems the way it is.  Even. Many doctors clinics go to voicemail. The days of real customer service are very rare.  No one has employees, and companies are strapped. I believe him about truck breaking down. I have seen rattle traps show up that are a danger for the poor driver . Let us know how it turns out.  I don't know why he couldn't leave it on porch as long as you sign.  But they want to make sure everything is perfect.  You need to scour the mattress for quality and flaws, as that is a problem now too.  Then have him take old. If everything is perfect give him a soda and tip.  

Esteemed Contributor

If you are talking about the Serta Mattress, I believe it would have been ok to allow the delivery. I have ordered the Serta before and had no problem with the delivery. Why do you think it was not a legitimate delivery. Trucks breakdown and these are only people who are hired by the company to do deliveries. I wouldn't have given them a hard time because when they showed up you could see for yourself. If you didn't feel safe, you could have refused delivery.

Sometimes we are our own worse enemy. Hopefully, everything has been resolved and you got your mattress. The mattress was sold as an in home delivery and pick.up old mattress. 

Honored Contributor

@Unhappycamper1 wrote:

I think I've just experienced the worst customer service of my life. About a month ago I ordered a mattress set from QVC. I'd ordered previous mattresses in the past from QVC, and I've been very satisfied. A few days ago, I got a text from "XPO" asking me to call and schedule a delivery time for my mattress. I scheduled it for today from 3 to 7. I wasn't thrilled about this because I'd be wasting my whole day off work waiting for them, but that's the state of things in the world now. 

This morning I started getting calls about the delivery. Some of the calls came up as scam alerts and some showed up originating in Nebraska, I'm in Florida.  Around 11, they called and told me the trucks were broken down and they didn't know when they could come, or even if they could make it today.  I was suspicious, so I Googled "XPO" and they are a real shipping company, but they were closed, so I couldn't confirm this was a legit delivery. One QVC representative told me they might be trying to get money out of me.  I called QVC several times, and they were unhelpful. QVC customer service told me to call QVC delivery, and I left a message, but they never called back. 

Meanwhile, the delivery guy who didn't speak very fluent English kept calling and telling me the trucks were still broken and they couldn't tell me when they would come. Eventually they called and said they'd come around 8:30PM. 

I was very uncomfortable about letting suspicous strangers into my house after dark. I called QVC again and explained the situation. I asked her to confirm that QVC contracted with XPO to make the delivery. She claimed that they had no contract with XPO and it was a company that sounded like "MED" or something like that would deliver it. She also said the mattress had not been delivered to the delivery people yet, and it was still being shipped. She said it was shipped on the 20th, and it was supposed to arrive on May 5th, and she could track it all on her computer. I said that doesn't make any sense. She said those people calling me could not have my mattress. So, I was very concerned by what she said. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she literally refused to allow it. She said the supervisor would just tell me the same thing she did. I was very angry and upset at this point. 

I called the delivery guy back and told him QVC said he couldn't have my matress, and they have not contracted with him. He said he didn't know anything about that, and told me to call XPO who closed at 5. I told him not to come and send it back to QVC.

Well, after thinking about it, I called him back and told him if he was legit I would leave my old matress on the porch and he could drop off the new one, but I'm not letting him in the house. He said he had to come in the house, and he would ask his supervisor if it was ok. I asked if I could speak with his supervisor, but he said I couldn't. I told him to call me back after he spoke with him, but it's now 8:42 and dark and no one has called. 

@Unhappycamper1 

How do you know they were "suspicious strangers" and not just delivery men having a bad day?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.  Case in point, I ordered something through Amazon on April 11th, from India, and according to the listing info it would not arrive until May 3rd at the earliest, but anywhere between May 3-24, which I understood and accepted. It already arrived a few days ago and yet on my order info, on  my Amazon account, it's still enroute.  Similarly, I have received QVC and HSN deliveries at different times than listed on my account/order tracking. It's possible that the delivery company was legit and that QVC uses an outside scheduling source for that, that the regular CS reps aren't aware of.  I don't know your living arrangements, but it might make your feel safer to have a male neighbor or friend be there with you when the delivery guys show up, regardless of the time of day.  Bad things can happen during the day too, but I'd still prefer to schedule my delivery during daylight hours.  I understand about them needing to come inside, to avoid complaints that could arise from just leaving the mattress on the front porch.  Once inside, you can inspect the merchandise right at the door, sign the paperwork, and send the guys on their way, if you don't want them inside traipsing through the house.  

Honored Contributor

How in the world could a man with evil intent possibly know that you were having a mattress delivered on Friday by motor freight?

I think your imagination is working overtime.  They contract these deliveries to the lowest bidder and it shows but that doesn't mean they are going to do you in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I 'd never order mattresses or food except in person in my town.

Mattress people run ads every week and YOU KNOW they're legit.

food can spoil, melt, etc. skip that too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Welcome to the Forum @Unhappycamper1.

Email QVC's Social Team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com with your order number and explanation if you didn't get your mattress.

They are very nice and helpful.  

I've emailed them, they never answered back. I hope she had better luck. 

QVC Customer Care

@Unhappycamper1 wrote:

@Unhappycamper1 I am sorry for the bad experience with your mattress delivery.  Please email us the order info to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com, we can get you in touch with our internal big box team to assist if its still needed.

Susan