Regular Contributor

Worried About No Tracking Information for a Return

I am very worried about a package I put in the mail last week and there is no information regarding it "moving" along towards QVC.  Has anyone sent anything back, saw no tracking information but the package still arrived?  I put it in the mail a week ago.  I have never had this happen before.  Do Post Offices hold onto them and only process once a week?    My post office workers hate having to give receipts when I return something - don't know why as it doesn't cost them anything so I don't have a receipt.  Any suggestions?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Worried About No Tracking Information for a Return

Shopalot59

Did you use the QVC return label?  That is what I use the few times I do return anything so I am usually able to track my return. 

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

Hi @Lainey59,  If you used the QVC return label please email your Order Number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com so that we can look into this for you. 

Respected Contributor

@Lainey59  -  I had a similar issue around Christmas, and the return package did get back to QVC.  I used the prepaid label and handed it to my postman, and he scanned the return at my door.   Several days went by and there was no information when I tried tracking it online.  I called CS and they explained that the package goes to the postoffice and may sit for a week or a little more.  Then, UPS comes and picks up multiple packages, which go back to that hub, and then it moved quite quickly on to QVC.  I hope that helps! 

Contributor

it is hard to track returns but what I do not understand is that I ordered two IT Mascara's.

It took two weeks to get to my address.   when I did track the shipping form this small package went to 15 different places with it going to one place, then another in another state and then back to the first place.

Why?    Just let me know why?

Honored Contributor

@Lainey59  I don't return all that much, but I've never seen tracking for the few I've returned.  I've pretty much stopped listening to the TV, so I don't even know what the hosts are saying about timing, but it used to be they'd say 17 days from start to finish and I always had credit well within that time.

I know that's forever in today's world, but as long as I get credit before my bill is due, I work with it.  I never use debit, so nothing is actually coming out of my pocket.

Contributor

I live in a small town so lines at the PO are not an issue and that's where I take mine. Once it's scanned I receive an email from the Q noting that its on the way back.  Your return probably will be fine but I would follow up with you carrier and insist they scan the package at the time of receiving.

Trusted Contributor

@Lainey59 ~ Always, always, ALWAYS demand a receipt.  That is the only thing that is saving me.  On July 3rd I dropped off a Dyson cordless vac to go back to QVC.  As of this morning, it still shows "accepted" at our local post office.  Long story short, I have been given three different stories regarding the whereabouts of the package.  Yesterday I went to the post office wanting to know where the package is and the clerk literally shrugged his shoulders and told me 'I don't know.'  He told me they deal with hundreds of customers like me everyday and can't worry about one package.  Yes, that was what he said!  Needless to say, I wasn't happy.  Then he told me the package might be in limbo because the vendor may not have paid the postage.  Something tells me QVC pays their postage charges.  I called the postmaster who is supposedly looking into this and swore he would get back to me today.  Something tells me to not hold my breath.  Thankfully, QVC is being great and working with me on this.  My point is, if I couldn't prove I sent it back I'd be out of luck.  Who cares if they don't like to give receipts?  Once the package leaves one hand a receipt goes in the other hand.  If not, I'd go to another post office.  I hope you're able to get this resolved. 

Honored Contributor

If you used the q return label, you can see tracking in your account.  Go to the item, click on and look to the right.  Click on the returns link and you'll see tracking.

Honored Contributor

returned a package today with a prepaid label.

i got a receipt from the post office for it with the package information and tracking.

within a couple of hours i received a message on my phone  from qvc that "my return is on its way to qvc."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein