Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Why is my real name being used instead of my nickname?

I noticed that my real name is being used instead of my nickname when posting a review or question. It has been changed on older postings & without my permission. Moderators - do you know why?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is my real name being used instead of my nickname?

@suzykee     Someone else recently reported the SAME THING.    Must be some kind of "glitch" with IT.       di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I just checked a review I posted a couple of days ago and it does not have my real name posted, it's using my forum name.  I don't post a review on everything so I can't check back beyond that but I agree that your real name should not be used and that you should follow up with the moderators.

Valued Contributor

@suzykee wrote:

I noticed that my real name is being used instead of my nickname when posting a review or question. It has been changed on older postings & without my permission. Moderators - do you know why?

At least I'm not the only one that this has happened to and it's not just me.  I posted comments in the Community Chat section earlier this week about this and one of the moderators said she would bring it up with the powers that be.  I hope QVC is taking notice and will fix it.

Regular Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

@suzykee wrote:

At least I'm not the only one that this has happened to and it's not just me.  I posted comments in the Community Chat section earlier this week about this and one of the moderators said she would bring it up with the powers that be.  I hope QVC is taking notice and will fix it.

Thanks for responding to my question. Some times we think we are the only one who has a problem. I like reading the reviews before I make a purchase & I also try to leave a review to help others.I won't be leaving reviews cause I don't want my name used but then how do I know if the problem is fixed? Maybe I could change my nickname? Anyway - this shouldn't be happening.

Super Contributor

I had the same issue. I sent an email to the social team, they responded...

"I am so sorry that this has happened. We have contacted our partner in running the reviews and made them aware that this is happening. They are working on it as we speak to resolve this problem. Thank you for your patience while we work this out."

Until they work the problem out, I will not be writing any more reviews.

Occasional Visitor

I agree I did not like that changing my nickname to my name ..Why are they doing that..