Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Accepted Solution

Why Are the Costs Different Depending on the CC Used?

When I submitted the 1/2 acre Dynatrap order on my Mastercard:

Item cost= $79.80

S & H      = $5.50

Tax          = $3.60

For a grand total of $88.90

Then, I heard Dan say that if you used your Q card, you got a $10.00 credit in the future.  I then cancelled my first order and resubmitted it using my Q Card:

Item cost= $79.80

S & H      = $5.47

Tax          = $4.88

For a grand total of $90.15

What is going on with the difference between the two charge cards?  This has happened before and I called CS and she could not answer this basic question.  

The difference is only $1.25, but I would like to know why the shipping and tax costs are different.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Why Are the Costs Different Depending on the CC Used?

Hmmmm, very strange. A dollar and change add up. Not right.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jpie, it looks like you are being over-charged in Tax in the second set of figures ... or under-charged in the first set of figures.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mzlg wrote:

@jpie, it looks like you are being over-charged in Tax in the second set of figures ... or under-charged in the first set of figures.

_______

Right, the tax and shipping are different, but I don't understand why.  It has happenend before and I couldn't get a reason why from CS.  

The silver lining is that I eventually will get $10.00 cash back to spend at QVC because I used their CC, but it's still a mystery (inquiring minds want to know, LOL)

Esteemed Contributor

I would submit this question to the QVC social team for a answer and I would love to hear the explanation.

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie,  what is the correct tax for your area?

For instance, if I were to order this $79.80 item I would be taxed at 5.6%, or $4.47.

The s&h for this item is clearly marked $5.50

My total would be  $89.77

Your difference is mostly in taxes. I'd suggest you find out what you tax should be to know which credit card is over/under charging you.

QVC Customer Care

@jpie wrote:

When I submitted the 1/2 acre Dynatrap order on my Mastercard:

Item cost= $79.80

S & H      = $5.50

Tax          = $3.60

For a grand total of $88.90

Then, I heard Dan say that if you used your Q card, you got a $10.00 credit in the future.  I then cancelled my first order and resubmitted it using my Q Card:

Item cost= $79.80

S & H      = $5.47

Tax          = $4.88

For a grand total of $90.15

What is going on with the difference between the two charge cards?  This has happened before and I called CS and she could not answer this basic question.  

The difference is only $1.25, but I would like to know why the shipping and tax costs are different.  

Hi @jpie - I apologize for the confusion on these orders. I've opened an inquiry with our tax team and will email you any result that we receive from them. Thank you for posting about this here in our Community forums and bringing it to our attention.

~Kim

Honored Contributor

Regardless which tax calculation is correct, it's bizarre that Q's system computes it differently depending on the credit card.  I'm glad that Q's tax team is investigating.

Respected Contributor

@Kim-QVC

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kim-QVC 

Here is another oddity:

When I got the email confirmation for the first order that was placed on my Mastercard it had this:

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 9.20.02 AM.png

(This was the order that I cancelled)

When I got the email confirmation for the second order that was placed on my Q card it had this:

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 9.26.54 AM.png

So, there is only a 3 cent difference shown after the order was confirmed by email.  (In my original post, before I checked my email, there was a $1.25 difference shown in order status from my account from QVC).  In the email confirmation,  tax is the same, and the shipping is 3 cents less using my Q card.   Woman Very Happy

When I called a couple of years ago to talk to a CS rep (for the same issue) she said she could not see what I was seeing posted from "order status."  

There must be a final calculation tabulated before the email confirmation is received.  Perhaps when the order status is shown it "estimates" the tax rate?  The correct total amount shows up in the email, but not the order status on the QVC my account page.