Regular Contributor

Re: When did the price adjustment policy change?

As anyone reported this problem to the banks for their credited cards or to the Better Business Bureau ?
Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@Venezia   I'm not trying to be snarky, but it sounds reasonable to me.   

@Teddixat - I'm not sure to which of my posts you're referring.

What I think needs a very clear, concise explanation from QVC is exactly what does qualify for a price adjustment now.

How do prices change?  The item goes "on sale"?  "Clearance price sale?"  "Clearance"?  "Final Sale?"  "Lunchtime Special"?  "Primetime Special"?

These are all ways that QVC has traditionally reduced the price of an item.  (Although "clearance" has become a bit ambiguous, with the price going down and up again.)

From the wording online, it appears that if you happen to notice a price change in any of the above categories and notify CS while that price change is in effect, you can get the adjustment.

For example:  you buy a top for $40.  At some point in the next 30 days, you see it as a LTS for $20.  If you contact CS during the LTS hours, you should be given a price adjustment.  Outside of those hours, you're out of luck.  (Even though the LTS price often still shows against the item.)

None of this seems reasonable to me, and it's up to QVC to make it crystal clear to its customers.  The customer shouldn't have to second guess what QVC's price adjustment policy is and it seems a lot of customers are having to do just that.

@Melvin-QVC @Beth-QVC @AnjalenaQVC @Susan-QVC 

@all moderators:

Can you read the online price adjustment policy (it's quoted earlier in this thread) and clarify exactly how it's to be interpreted by the customer?  It seems to say the price adjustment is valid, if requested during any special pricing hours.

Or pass this higher up to the PTB who decide on policy?  Perhaps the online wording needs to be amended.

@Venezia 

Your statement I highlighted above in red just happened to me yesterday. I had bought an item ten days ago and yesterday it appeared as a lunchtime special. I immediately contacted The Social Team and was told by one of the moderators you tagged in your post that I COULD NOT BE GIVEN A PRICE ADJUSTMENT. In fact, I will quote the response I received.

"I’m sorry, This price drop is due to it being a lunch time special.  Unfortunately, We ae no longer able to offer price difference refunds for those types of promotions.  You can purchase the item at that price but we are not able to adjust an order purchased before it was listed at that price.  My apologies." 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PansyBoo - So they're not even following the wording on their own website anymore.

Time to stop purchasing anything from QVC until you decide it's at the lowest, most rock-bottom price it ever will be and with free shipping!

If they're trying to deliberately drive away longtime customers, they're doing a pretty good job.

I don't know how much you'd save by eating the cost of return shipping on your item but, in my case, I'd send the item back.  And probably not repurchase!

ETA:  Did you request the difference while the lunchtime special price was still in effect?  11:00 to 4:00?

Valued Contributor

@Venezia 

Who the heck can (or has time to) figure this out! I check lunchtime specials early every morning. The item had not been on LTS the previous day. So when I saw it I immediately emailed and thar's the response I got from a moderator. And the decrease in price would not be enough to return and reorder. But I have done that once before when five days after I ordered an As Is ring, the price for the original listing went to a lunchtime special.The ring went down in price $24.00...from $65.00 to $41.00. As the ring did have two different item numbers a price reduction could not be given...I understand that...I guess. I don't usually bother but with that one I did think it was worth my effort to return and order the ring at the much lower price. And the day I reordered there was free shipping so that helped.

Basically, QVC has become a frustration.   

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

the lunchtime specials are available all day long and NOT just at lunchtime anymore.

i requested a refund around 8pm et and this is what @Wayne-QVC emailed me.......

Hello Sunshine45

I'm so sorry, but "lunchtime special price" items no longer qualify for the price adjustment.

Wayne

QVC SOCIAL and COMMUNITY SUPPORT

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 - Wow - they were always 11:00 to 4:00 before this and I didn't see any announcement about that changing.  Although, I noticed that the prices often didn't change after 4 PM.

I can't keep up with all the changes QVC are making now.  It seems every day (minute?  hour?) something else changes.

So, really, they just don't honor the price adjustment policy anymore.  They might as well just be honest and say that.

Less and less reason to buy anything until you're sure it's at rock bottom pricing.

Esteemed Contributor

FWIW, the timeframe for Lunchtime Specials was updated a few months ago (not sure exactly when); the landing page states, "Hot deals launch daily & expire at 11:59pm ET."

Honored Contributor

I would also like to know if they stopped the "easy returns".  If so, they should state that it is no longer available.  Between the price adjustment and easy returns there is no clarification.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just got the same answer and explaintion I don't understand at all !   So bottom line NO price adjustments whatsoever!!   The item was bought at full price 2 weeks ago now $20 lower and they won't adjust the price !!?   Well I guess no more paying g full price on anything just wait it our or go to the inconvenience of sending back and get the lower pricing which would be ridiculous between the paying return shipping !   This is so unreasonable!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I would also like to know if they stopped the "easy returns".  If so, they should state that it is no longer available.  Between the price adjustment and easy returns there is no clarification.  

@Pecky   I'd like to know that as well .   Doesn't seem to be much clarification on either.  Things have really changed it seems .