Super Contributor

"Your package may be delayed. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible."

It's probably nothing to worry about. I am just curious. I saw that my package was in my state. Then this morning got the message on top.

Respected Contributor

Re: What does this mean?

[ Edited ]

My experience has been that when I see that message it's usually another week or two before I will receive the package. 

I think this is a cryptic way of saying that the USPS has lost track of the package.  It may or may not be found.  In my experience, more often than not it is eventually found and delivered.  My local post office has been a nightmare since the pandemic began. 

Honored Contributor

@BostonMommy  I don't think there is one meaning.  There's a delay that could be a day or two or more, but the more part is the unknown.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat   I think all the delivery services are on overwhelm.  In the small town where I had my summer apartment, the postmaster told me they had zero control over package delivery.  Some days they saw 5 or 6 thousand packages and then they might get over 20,000 with no extra trucks or help to sort and deliver.

I forget what I was missing, but he promised he would look. Said they had a backlog of hundreds.  Either he found it or they cleared that mess because I know I did get whatever I'd gone to ask about within a day or two.

Super Contributor

Ha! well they adjusted quickly! It's out for deliverery

Honored Contributor

I got a message stating my order will be delayed because of a train derailment.  

Respected Contributor

I said in another post that I would eat my shoe if I ever receive a package from the post office without this notification attached to the delivery information. Ha!!!

Honored Contributor

I got that message last week, there's a thread about it.  My package was delivered the next day. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I got a message stating my order will be delayed because of a train derailment.  I I am sorry. I hope you get your package

Respected Contributor

Where I live, when I see my order is routing via Bridgeport, NJ, I know that it is just a matter of time before I get that "your package may be delayed".   When I see Bridgeport, I know I can forget about receiving my order any time soon.