Trusted Contributor

I usually have never gone for waitlist orders, but with all of the items QVC has on their three channels,  I have used it more than ever before.

I know they aren't perfect and can make a mistake, but I was particularly unhappy with a recent waitlist item and the handling of it.

On November 26th, of last year, I ordered a Denim & Co. Active Duo Stretch Print Leggings, in black camo, for $ 36.00. I really wanted this pattern in my wardrobe. I frequently checked on it as I didn't have other waitlist orders.

I waited, and waited and waited. Being a Denim & Co. pair of leggings, I din't expect it to take very long because they are an in house company.

Long story short, I checked on it today, March 6, 2021!! (From November 26, 2020.) This item was no longer on waitlist, although I have never received it, or any correspondence concerning it. This morning I found it in regular inventory, in my size, for sale. I was so mad I did not order it. I'm not waiting on ANY item for that long and then finding it in stock. I think QVC can do better than this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Waitlist orders....

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 - Just FYI, the QVC waitlist policy is that they will keep your order on file until the item is back in stock and your order can be fulfilled or until 45 days have passed, whichever comes first. (The 45-day timeframe is clearly listed in the order confirmation email, including a specific date on which your order will automatically be cancelled.) I understand your frustration, as I haven't had good luck with waitlist orders over the past year; the three or four I've had all ended up cancelled.

ETA: One more note, in case it is helpful—"waitlist" status means they'll try to get more inventory in stock but doing so is uncertain, in contrast to "back order," which means they're fairly confident more inventory is coming so they'll be able to fulfill your order.

Trusted Contributor

I have 2 items on waitlist right now; a Kim Gravel t shirt, & a pair of Diamonique earrings. I don't use waitlist alot, but have had pretty good luck in getting the items I waited for. I think I've had one or two cancelled.

Valued Contributor

I cancelled all my waitlist orders. I have 2 orders that have said preparing your order for a week. I had good luck for a few months. I wish I could just cancel them. Now order satus is not available. I have never seen such a mess with QVC's IT department. There are some things they could add to the system so customers didn't have to ask for return s&h on items that were an exchange, defective etc. I guess they think we don't notice. I check every single one! I always call so they have been notified why I'm sending something back. I am told I won't be charged. Then I'm told the returns department can't do that ? 

Honored Contributor

I have also had items vanish from the waitlist.

I feel that having signed up for it in good faith, waited for it to 

ship, it should not just disappear from my list without any notice before the 45 day period.

Seems rude to me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: Waitlist orders....

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

I have also had items vanish from the waitlist.

I feel that having signed up for it in good faith, waited for it to 

ship, it should not just disappear from my list without any notice before the 45 day period.

Seems rude to me.

@Drythe  I place waitlist orders fairly often. I also get an email notice letting me know if a waitlist order can't be fulfilled. Did you check your email? Junk mail folder?

I usually get 90-95% of my waitlist orders. When I get a notice that QVC can't fulfill a waitlist order, I always check to see if the item is in stock/still available on waitlist. Every once in awhile the 45 day waitlist period times out before returns are able to have it back in stock. In which case, I just place the order again.

If the price has changed, and/or I originally ordered with FREE S&H, I just call CS and have them do a price match to the 1st order I placed. 

If the item is something I REALLY want, waiting for a longer period of time doesn't bother me whatsoever.

The order status I had on several waitlist orders I placed, nearly all of them have finally been shipped over this past week. My guess is that many QVC warehouses are finally getting caught up on returns after the holiday period.

I'll give you an example of how long I waited for an order of two Denim & Co tops on waitlist...

The item # is A383259. Back in November last year I ordered the navy & olive - medium. I was so over the moon, I wanted to get the black option but they were sold out. I kept checking several times a week and it wasn't til January til I got very lucky. It wound up going on a New Year's Day holiday sale price of $20.21 with FREE S&H! I ordered another navy & olive - small since I am losing weight. I was thrilled. I was also able to order on waitlist a size medium & small in the black.

When the 1st 45 day WL period timed out, I checked the status of what was in stock and was happy to be able to re-order both black tops. I called CS and they did the price match for me with the FREE S&H. Guess what...I waited another 45 day period and it timed out again. I then did the same thing...checked the status of what was in stock. Welp, the black top was still available in medium & small on waitlist. So I reordered and called CS to do the price match again.

The update...that order has just been shipped today! llls0251.gif

Now I know the majority of folks wouldn't go through the wait and trouble I went through for 2 Denim & Co tops. Those folks would also probably think I am over exaggerating too. That's fine...

Folks are welcome to read my review of the top I placed back in November...the title of which is '100 Stars...Fabulous!'

I didn't expect this to be such a winded post, but hopefully it helps you and others. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Thank you for the information, at least now I know wait list

works for some people.

It works for me maybe about 10% of the time.  If I wait list something, I never have any hope of actually receiving it.  

Recently I wait listed 2 Linea blazers.  I had 10% off, and free shipping - they never came.  Then a similar one showed up 2 days ago, I hopped on and placed my order, it was a regular order, no wait list.  Today it says ‘Back Order’.

Recently I also wait listed a Logo dress, after a week or so,  it simply vanished from my wait list.  

I’m pretty careful about email from QVC, doubt I missed any,  I think I don’t have Good wait list Karma!

Thanks again for the information, and I hope your good fortune continues!

Be Well - Be Safe!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Susan Louise 

Thank you for the information, at least now I know wait list

works for some people.

It works for me maybe about 10% of the time.  If I wait list something, I never have any hope of actually receiving it.  

Recently I wait listed 2 Linea blazers.  I had 10% off, and free shipping - they never came.  Then a similar one showed up 2 days ago, I hopped on and placed my order, it was a regular order, no wait list.  Today it says ‘Back Order’.

Recently I also wait listed a Logo dress, after a week or so,  it simply vanished from my wait list.  

I’m pretty careful about email from QVC, doubt I missed any,  I think I don’t have Good wait list Karma!

Thanks again for the information, and I hope your good fortune continues!

Be Well - Be Safe!

I've been on wait list, some things come in, some don't but I always was told by QVC that they could not get what I was waiting for and just ended the wait list on my account.  I was never just not informed however, it was a decent bit ago.  Things may have changed.  I was on wait list for something just last week but a better deal came in and I jumped off and cancelled it myself.  I usually don't do wait list, as a rule.

New Contributor

I have the David's Cookies Ready to Bake Scones(16) on Waitlist since 7/30/2022, they were $47.64 plus tax. I was going through the gourmet food items yesterday that they were offering & they had the smae David'd Cookies scones(16), in the same flavors, but the price was much more, I believe $59.00 & change, plus tax. I was upset that the scones were available again & yet they hadn't filled my order, they were instead offering them for sale for $13.00 more dollars! It's only been 15-16  since I ordered the scones & they can justify that much of an increase? I called customer service, & she was like, well we can cancell your waitlist order & order the current ones available, otherwise, too bad was pretty much her attitude! I think that is terrible, & QVC has really gone downhill. They repeat so many of theirvshows, Inguess because they either don't have enough products or hosts to have new items like they used to all the time. And return shipping charges are crazy expensive, with qvc charging customers two charges on every return.

Just not happy at all.

Karla H.