Valued Contributor

Vendor/Host Makeup

[ Edited ]

Moderator Susan

I am not challenging your moderation of my post, i am simply requesting an explanation regarding it being categorized as unacceptable.  I did not call out any particular host/vendor/model.  I simply made an observation regarding a current trend that I have noticed in the makeup of on air personalities.  I think I am entitled to an explanation.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

Moderator Susan

I am not challenging your moderation of my post, i am simply requesting an explanation regarding it being categorized as unacceptable.  I did not call out any particular host/vendor/model.  I simply made an observation regarding a current trend that I have noticed in the makeup of on air personalities.  I think I am entitled to an explanation.

Thank you.

Moderators don't owe us any explanation.  They are doing their job.  You need to accept it, learn from it, and move on.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714  Sometimes I think the mods zip through the posts so fast, they don't thoroughly read them or perhaps don't understand the context in which a statement was made.

Recently a poster said she'd gotten a device to make spirals out of veggies and I know many are using them as faux pasta.  I simply commented that I didn't want pasta that tasted like "cukes" standard short for cucumbers.

One of the mods deleted it as "unkind".  Unkind to whom...cucumbers?  It occurred to me that perhaps she though cuke was an ethic slur, which it may be to a cucumber.

Don't take the deletion of your thread personally.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

POOF

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Snowhite714  Sometimes I think the mods zip through the posts so fast, they don't thoroughly read them or perhaps don't understand the context in which a statement was made.

Recently a poster said she'd gotten a device to make spirals out of veggies and I know many are using them as faux pasta.  I simply commented that I didn't want pasta that tasted like "cukes" standard short for cucumbers.

One of the mods deleted it as "unkind".  Unkind to whom...cucumbers?  It occurred to me that perhaps she though cuke was an ethic slur, which it may be to a cucumber.

Don't take the deletion of your thread personally.

Now that's funny. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I am sorry, but this cracked me up Kachina!   I will forever call a cucumber a cuke     lolol

Don't take the deletion of your thread personally