Regular Contributor

Update the computer info please

Item A397354 in 1x has shown that it is available for probably a month now yet when I go to put it in the cart it says it is sold out. PLEASE update your computer. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Update the computer info please

[ Edited ]

Ditto.  I've run into the same problem.  Or even, on a couple of recent occasions, allowed me to place the orders and then went into backorder, because the items weren't really available.

"In stock" doesn't really mean much these days.

Another thing I've tried to get an answer to, is that things listed as "Limited Quantity" don't show up in any kind of search.  I only ever find them by accident or if something in my wish list goes to that category.

I've asked a couple of times (by email) how to search for these things, as they're just sitting in inventory, but no one knows about them.  Never have gotten an answer.

Honored Contributor

@suzykee   @Venezia 

Have you considered calling CS to find out what is going on?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac - I have written to the Social Team twice and they've passed the request on to the I.T. department and said they will let me know what response they get.  Clearly, they haven't gotten any.

Why do you think calling the normal CS line will yield any more information?  For the most part, they are there to take orders and questions about your orders, account, etc. - not an I.T. question.

I worked in I.T. for 25 years and I didn't expect one of the customer reps in our business to answer a question in my field of expertise.  Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but your remark sounded very condescending.

(ETA:  And the Social Team are customer service as well, so they can answer questions about inventory or order issues, in addition to directing comments to the appropriate department.)

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  I suggested calling CS not because of an IT issue which you did not mention in your original posting.  Your post was about an order you placed (thinking it was available) when you got a notice about a backorder.

Since emailing CS resulted in no results, it's possible the phone reps could explain to you why an "available" item is suddently on back order since they are taking "phone" orders.

I only order by phone.  When I do place an order, the CS tells me if the item is "still available or not."

If my suggestion of calling CS sounds condescending to you so be it!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac - Read the 3rd and 4th paragraph in my original post.  The search engine problem is an I.T. issue. 

However, in the instance of my order going to backorder, the Social Team was able to tell me that the items were not, in fact, available even though they still showed "in stock".  That's another issue for the I.T. department.  Inventory should be correct, as the OP suggested.

It was the fact that you underlined "calling", that made it seem (to me) condescending.  I accept that you didn't mean it that way.  I never place orders by phone.  To each her own.

Have a great day!