Esteemed Contributor

Update on Return Charges

[ Edited ]

I talked to customer service regarding the charge for my return label. This is how it works:  When you see your refund, they have deducted the original shipping and handling charges. Then they go back and charge you for the return label. So what you see, on  your refund issued is not accurate. You are now paying for shipping and handling both ways plus your return label. I can see why people are turning and tuning away from this company.  Buyer beware!!!

Update:

Sorry for my incorrect refund information. You are only paying to ship to you but when you return, it is deducted from your refund. The only issue is that the refund stated on your item is not accurate because they haven't deducted the return label fee, if you use it.It is very expensive to return items and I can see why people keep it or donate it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on Return Charges

@elated wrote:

I talked to customer service regarding the charge for my return label. This is how it works:  When you see your refund, they have deducted the original shipping and handling charges. Then they go back and charge you for the return label. So what you see, on  your refund issued is not accurate. You are now paying for shipping and handling both ways plus your return label. I can see why people are turning and tuning away from this company.  Buyer beware!!!

@elated 

Are you saying that you had two return shipping charges?

Honored Contributor

That doesn't sound accurate.  If you return something for any reason other than defective or wrong item sent, you lose the original S&H, plus the fee for using the prepaid return label.

You can also pay for the return shipping yourself, rather than using the prepaid label.

But that return system has been in effect for a long time now.

(If you want an exchange, you aren't charged for the return shipping or any shipping for the new item to be sent.)

Respected Contributor

@elated  When you return an item (that is not defective or incorrect) you have to deduct the original S&H plus the cost to send it back. That is it. If you use your own label they do not charge you the cost to return the item. 

Regular Contributor

they have been charging for return labels, and deducting the original shipping and handling for awhile. It's the reason I never buy anything unless I am 100% sure I am keeping it, and won't buy clothes or shoes at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated 

I am saying you pay for shipping to you and then they deduct the original shipping from your refund. You are then charged for the return label.  So, in essence, you are paying your original shipping plus the return label. I hope I am making myself clear.  Here is an example:

Your charge was $23.13. You paid $5.50 to ship to you. When you return it, they deduct the $5.50 plus your return label of $6.95. So you are paying $12.45 to return your item.

Respected Contributor

That's why I wait for free shipping days or buy from a site with free shipping.
There isn't anything on QVC that's a necessity for me. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated 

I am saying you pay for shipping to you and then they deduct the original shipping from your refund. You are then charged for the return label.  So, in essence, you are paying your original shipping plus the return label. I hope I am making myself clear.  Here is an example:

Your charge was $23.13. You paid $5.50 to ship to you. When you return it, they deduct the $5.50 plus your return label of $6.95. So you are paying $12.45 to return your item.

Sounds right to me.  They are not going to return the original shipping charge ($5.50) and are charging you the return fee ($6.95) so yes it frequently costs $11+ to buy and return an item.  No wonder that I rarely buy anything here that I'm not 99% sure of and rarely over $30 so if I don't like it, I just donate it.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated 

@elated 

That's normal and has been the policy for quite a while.

What confused me was you said in your original post that you paid for shipping and handling both ways plus your return label.  That would mean you paid two return fees.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@elated  When you return an item (that is not defective or incorrect) you have to deduct the original S&H plus the cost to send it back. That is it. If you use your own label they do not charge you the cost to return the item. 

Correct.  This is nothing new either.  It's been policy for quite awhile, even a couple of years perhaps.