Trusted Contributor

What is the point of offering free shipping when your system is unable to handle it?

not only can I not order online but I can't order by phone because the item numbers are missing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to use web site

[ Edited ]

I'd add that my wish list is 'currently unavailable'... I predicted this would happen the other day when folks were trying to figure out what the 'big surprise' was going to be. Some suggested it would be free shipping and I suggested that if it was it wouldn't matter because the website, predictably enough, would crash... Moreover, I just clicked on an item of interest only to get an 'item not found' notification and a 'we're having technical difficulties, please call blah-blah-blah-blah to place your order'.... Yea, right... Just like clockwork... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb , I have never visited another online site that crashes when free shipping is offered!

Regular Contributor

Same issue and what a shocker....today free shipping day that they have not has in ages and their website is having issues so you cant order.  Joke.

Respected Contributor

It always does when this happens. Can't order a thing.

Honored Contributor

@lrmuffin 

Just keep trying, I was having all of the same problems this morning, but kept trying and all of a sudden I could pull items up through a search, add them to my cart and check out with no shipping charges.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@lrmuffin  Well this one crashes at the drop of a hat anyway, so free shipping sends it into oblivion... Such a shame... Maybe if they did it more often, things wouldn't get so frantic... I closed out... Hate to miss the opportunity, but this is just a waste of time...

Trusted Contributor

@DebNYC31 ,@luvmyteddy, you're so right

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@lrmuffin 

Just keep trying, I was having all of the same problems this morning, but kept trying and all of a sudden I could pull items up through a search, add them to my cart and check out with no shipping charges.

@KingstonsMom  Thanks for the heads up and the suggestion but nope, not doing it. First, without access to the wish list I don't even remember what to pull up. On top of that, I refuse to massage this consistently lousy excuse for a major retail website. They know its limitations and do absolutely nothing about it. Every time they offer any remotely worthwhile customer incentive they must sit back and laugh knowing many of us will simply give up... I might check back later to see if it's working, but this is just insulting...

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb , it's really sad the system can't handle the rare free shipping day