Valued Contributor

I almost never order from QVC anymore mostly because I find the same products at other retailers who offer free shipping.  I can't remember the last time I paid for shipping at Amazon, Nordstrom-never, chewy.com for cat food and litter (and my package is always over 25 lbs but shipped free with Fed Ex),

I ordered the Lug TSV on 2/8 and once it went into the Mail innovations black hole it has sat there for 3 days. Tracking is not possible after that. 

With so many packages being stolen off front porches these days, I want to track my package to the exact date it will be delivered so I can be home. Unlike FedEx or UPS who leave my packages at the back door, the post office just leaves them on the front porch in plain view.

Why can't QVC do a better job of shipping? Contract with UPS/FedEX for good rates. I don't want to pay $20.00 for UPS expedited shipping, it's not that I need it sooner, I just want to be able to track it! 

Please pass along. Thanks. Rant over. 

Honored Contributor

Agree .... I have never had a problem with UPS but USPS ...YES!  USPS has too many problems....rates go up....service goes down.

Respected Contributor

Re: USPS Shipping

[ Edited ]

QVC used to offer a choice of shipping companies/services.  Why did they eliminate that?

I live in PA and I really don't have any problems with QVC shipping to me.  What I don't like though is when it starts out being shipped via UPS then gets handed over to USPS.

Why does this happen?

You can sign up for USPS'  Informed Delivery service too - you'll get an email everyday of all your mail and packages coming that day and the next day or so on the packages.

It's very handy.

Occasional Contributor

For all of you who are disenchanted with  USPS shipping, tracking, etc, there IS a solution to not knowing when your mail/packages will be delivered.  For the past 3 years or so when mailbox/front porch thievery increased, I signed up for INFORMED DELIVERY, a service provided FREE  with USPS postal system.  Every morning I receive an email showing me what mail I will receive that day or packages out for delivery.  It is a great relief knowing what will be coming and if I need to stay home until the mailperson delivers, I can and will.  All one needs to do is go to the USPS web site, click on INFORMED DELIVERY and sign up...that's it!!!  Hope this tip helps to relieve the anxiety of not knowing what or where your mail is and when it is to be delivered...

Respected Contributor

@LyWe use informed delivery and appreciate it. I just figured it out lately that it must be remembered that when UPS transfers the package to the post office that when UPS says an item will be delivered and it is sure post ( delivered to the post office that is the date they deliver to the post office then are out of it not when it is delivered to my house.That is the way it works here at least.

Respected Contributor

Same here!

Honored Contributor

I use Informed Delivery but for me it's not accurate for package delivery.

I rarely order from anyone anymore, it's not worth the waiting & the hassle,, plus it sometimes is mis-delivered.   I've lived at the same address for 15 years, in a neighborhood that hasn't changed in probably 50 years.

I live 4 miles from a super Walmart, I sometimes order from Walmart -ship to store for free.    So far, knock wood, it's been very reliable.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had a QVC package delivered by Usps in over a year.  But since you almost never order from QVC and get everything you want elsewhere with free shipping.....it appears that you don't have a problem at all.  

Respected Contributor

ask usps to deliver packages to your side or back door.  i asked for this and they complied

Honored Contributor

So I live near the end of a dead end street AND my driveway is about 200 ft long (meaning you have to go out of your way to get to my house).

But a few years ago I had (in 2 boxes) a fountain I'd bought from QVC.  It sat on my front porch for probably 1 to 2 months until I could get someone to move it for me.

My friend finally said she'd help move it.  This is the truth.  That day I came home and it was gone!

I thought she'd moved it so I walked around the yard...no fountain!  I called her and she hadn't been there!

Then I thought UPS had accidentally picked it up....they said..."No".

To this day I don't know what happened to that fountain.  I think the UPS guy (either by accident or on purpose) took that huge  fountain.

Not only was it heavy but you'd have to have a large truck to carry it.

Also, it had sat out in the rain so the box was ready to fall apart.

I don't know if they took it.  I do know I know all of my neighors.  At that time they were all too old to move the thing and they'd never steal something!

So, last summer my friend gave me a huge tupperware-like box (like a trunk) for the top of my driveway.  It's weatherproof and no one knows what's in it.

I have Blink cameras all around (and inside of my house).  If someone comes up my driveway, I know it (home or not).  Plus I have a picture of them!

When I send birthday cards (usually they have $25 gift certificates in them) I put them in a larger brown envelope.  Why?  Because they've been stolen over and over and (you get the idea).  I take the envelope to the post office and pay extra so I know it got to the person.

This is stupid isn't it?  All we hear is "it's a felony to mess with the post office mail, etc".  Well, no one gets punished anymore so why not?  Even people I know who work at my local post offices mail out things like I do.

My point is the fees keep going up but the service stinks.  The lines are long....I just mailed out Valentine's cards.  They were just cards.  They had one or two pictures also in them.  I had to pay extra because they had (swear to you) a flat picture in them.

I also belong to prime.  I totally agree with you about getting things free shipping.  I love Amazon Prime.  I just gave my friend a Prime membership for her birthday.  She has relatives in Hawaii so it will pay off.

I also buy things from Chewy and everywhere I buy things it's free EXCEPT QVC.  

Everytime I buy something it's $3.50 and (at least $6.95) to send it back.  Does that make sense?

Sometimes it's 2 items, same size, different colors, ordered the same time and it's STILL $3.50 and they throw everything into a huge box.

So, everytime I want to send something back immediately, I use the return label.  Then within the month I'll decide to send something else back from the big box they sent me....guess what!  I've used that return label and it's already cost me $6.95.

Here's what I do now...I save the return labels from things I've kept AND I xerox as many times as all of the items they've printed out on that ONE label.

This is stupid to have to do that!  Some people don't have xerox machines...If I didn't save the other return labels I'd have to pay.

Why don't I like to pay?  Because every single time I try sending stuff back myself it costs me more than the $6.95.

You'd think QVC could bargain (just like @PinkSunset said to get a rate of free shipping.  

But they won't because they're all about the bottom line.  To heck with the customer.

I'm a size XL-1X.  I have a severely bad back.  I can't walk around stores.  I used to be able to do that.  No longer.

I don't mind paying one way, but when I have to send it back AND every item gets charged $3.50 it's stupid.  THEN they throw everything into one big box.

Phew!  Now I'm going to go take a shower.  Ha!