Honored Contributor

Too Many Shipping Mistakes! Terrible Shipping Service!

Mods, I'll let you know if I need any specific help, but this is just something I want CS to be aware of.   A couple of weeks ago two items I ordered from the same LOGO show (shipped separately) got "stuck" in a suburb of my city at the first carrier's when they were supposed to go on to my local P.O.   I waited and waited and eventually called CS who kindly sent out replacements.  OK - shipping mistake #1.

Shipping Mistake #2 occurred shortly thereafter when a clothing item arrived at my local P.O and instead of being forwarded "out for delivery" to me, it was sent to a neighboring state to the north of mine.  The tracking said "missorted" and indicated where it went, telling me delivery would be delayed for at least one day.   That is what happened and I got it a day later than I should have.

Shipping Mistake #3. I just checked tracking for another clothing item sent via USPS and it arrived in my city.  Instead of being Out For Delivery, once again it arrived here and got sent away by the post office - to a city within my state that is two hours south of me on the border of a neighboring state.  

I realize these are delivery issues and technically not QVC's fault. and are with either the first delivery service or the sorting at the USPS in the second two instances,  but this is three shipping errors within a very short span of time. I know QVC cut our delivery costs on clothing - although raised its prices on clothing at the same time - but this delivery by shipping partners and the USPS  is simply awful.  One of the three mistakes occurring I can "swallow" but really, this is ridiculous!

Please pass this on to The Powers That Be.  This is not good service at all.  Yes, I'm paying cheaper shipping but more expensive prices and my end result is that the shipping service is dismal.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Too Many Shipping Mistakes! Terrible Shipping Service!

Wow Pearley a lot of shipping errors lately! I have noticed as I am also a Seller on E-Bay the Postal Service Has made me have a few fits in the past month, mis sorted packages I have sent to buyers, HSN package mis-sorted........all around terrible service at the Postal Office. I realize they handle many pieces but I have had way too many packages missing in past 6 months...40%!!! I had a conversation with a CS rep at HSN and he was saying same thing. And when one ships Priority it don't matter if it took 3 weeks or the promised 3 days one doesn't get a refund from Postal Service for the rates you paid.. And they have the nerve to raise rates tomorrow. I have almost stopped selling on E-Bay and almost stopped buying on Shopping Networks solely due to the recently very poor service at USPS. Wonder what is up with that?
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The problems go both ways!!  I shipped a return to QVC via their USPS return label on Tuesday morning, April 5.  Today is Saturday, April 9, and there's NO tracking information available.  So now I don't know if the package is lost or stolen, if the tracking number is invalid for some unknown reason, or if the USPS doesn't bother scanning packages.  I'll give it another couple of business days before I call Customer Service.  I don't want to pay for merchandise I returned because USPS shipping is so unreliable and incompetent.  I have complained ad nauseum about USPS on other threads here, so this is not a one-off occurrence.  Cheaper shipping?  Sorry folks, you get what you pay for.  QVC REALLY needs to do something about this and reconsider their relationship with USPS.  It's unacceptable.

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:
Wow Pearley a lot of shipping errors lately! I have noticed as I am also a Seller on E-Bay the Postal Service Has made me have a few fits in the past month, mis sorted packages I have sent to buyers, HSN package mis-sorted........all around terrible service at the Postal Office. I realize they handle many pieces but I have had way too many packages missing in past 6 months...40%!!! I had a conversation with a CS rep at HSN and he was saying same thing. And when one ships Priority it don't matter if it took 3 weeks or the promised 3 days one doesn't get a refund from Postal Service for the rates you paid.. And they have the nerve to raise rates tomorrow. I have almost stopped selling on E-Bay and almost stopped buying on Shopping Networks solely due to the recently very poor service at USPS. Wonder what is up with that?

@Stormygirl  Actually, postage is going down tomorrow!  (I have another thread on this in Community Chat - see there with a link to what's happening tomorrow with postage rates!)

So sorry about your shipping disasters too.  As an Ebay seller, that must be esp. bad for you.  Sorry!

Respected Contributor

Its this dumb Fed Ex Smartpost....its a terrible terrible service.

QVC Customer Care

@Pearlee

will pass your feedback to our distribution department....sorry for the mistakes!

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

Maybe it's the fault of the postal service.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Maybe it's the fault of the postal service.

@Karnerblue  If you read my post again, you'll see that I said it was.   However, it is QVC choosing to use that service so I thought it should know about all my delivery problems.

Honored Contributor

I got 4 clothing purchases last week that clearly said "no tracking available".  They got here okay but the were my April surprise when they showed up.  I get USPS items from other places that have full tracking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have found out that these notices are not always the truth. I have been told they (PO)  reuse many shipping labels   and sometimes a package says it has been shipped elsewhere but it really hasn't .It is still sitting in your PO and you will most likely get it the next day.

A fav of my PO is that there was no where to leave my package  I get notices to contact my PO ........lol......... but then  they deliver it the next day by leaving it at my front door. I have called CS (not the PO)  complaining so many times about this. First because I am ALWAYS home and second I have a large and very private area to leave any package in. Sometimes they even say they had no access to my mailbox........lol.

I have gotten so used to this type of thing happening that I totally ignore it when they say to contact my PO for one reason or another,first because I cannot contact my PO I can only get to a Central PO by phone or online and they take too long to find out anything and get back to me and second because I know the package will be delivered normally the very next day!  I think the PO lies!  Actually I really think it is the mailman that lies because he is too lazy to deliver a heavy package!