Contributor

To those of you who have posted about trouble paying your Q card…

[ Edited ]

I’ve been trying for five days to pay my Q card online, as I usually do, via synchrony bank. I keep getting the “unable to process your information due to technical difficulties”  statement. Was this problem resolved for those of you who posted about it recently? I hate calling synchrony bank and being transferred ad nauseum and put on hold. That’s the last resort, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Re: To those of you who have posted about trouble paying your Q card…

Why does everyone go to Synchrony Bank to try to pay their bill?

Why don't you use your own Banks Bill Pay System?

I use the bill pay that our Credit Union uses. All I have to do is set up who I owe money to, enter amount I want paid plus the date I want it paid. It's sent electronically & they have it the same day. It may take another day to post to your account.  

IMO it's safer using your own Bank to make payments. At least that way you have a record of it which is easier to get a copy of from your Bank. You also don't have to give all those other places all your personal info.

Seems if Synchrony Bank is making it difficult for people to pay their bills online they must want to collect interest, late payment fees etc? I would not continue dealing with their technical difficulties.

Honored Contributor

i use the link to get to synchrony from the Q homepage.

i have not been having any issues getting into my account.

make sure to clear cookies and reboot your device and try again if you are having issues.....it might help.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I pay mine at Target in person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i use the link to get to synchrony from the Q homepage.

i have not been having any issues getting into my account.

make sure to clear cookies and reboot your device and try again if you are having issues.....it might help.

@sunshine45,  This is great advice.    I recently posted on @Squirt60's thread when she reported that she could access her Q Card account with one device but not with another one.   

I don't use a Q Card or Synchrony but based on that thread and others, I think the website is extremely sensitive to software and devices.   

The usual "housekeeping" is probably the best first-line troubleshooting for this:  try a different browser or device, be sure all browser cookies/cache/website data are deleted regularly, be sure all your software is the most current version, and be aware of your browser settings and also its addons/extensions that sometimes can interfere with a website's functions.   

Also, if using a tablet or phone check to see if the site responds better to the "mobile" display or the "desktop/full version" display.

@Alpha, I know these technical glitches can be beyond annoying...  I hope you find a good and quick resolution!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

you can make a payment on your QCARD at target?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

For whatever it may be worth, I've had no issues at all in accessing or setting up payments through the Synchrony website, whether I use a tablet (Android) or desktop (Windows with Chrome). As @dooBdoo has mentioned, it seems that the issue may be specific to certain devices or browsers, so it probably is a good idea to clear those caches and cookies and/or try another browser.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for all of the input. The first thing I did was clear my cache on all devices etc. and still having problems after five days. This is the first time I’ve ever had a problem paying through synchrony bank. Guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and call them, dang it! Edited to add that I also pay my Amazon card through synchrony bank and had absolutely no trouble. That is why I thought it may be something exclusive to QVC payments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE 

you can make a payment on your QCARD at target?

Oh no ! LOL thought she was talking about the synchrony bank card they hold Mastercard , Visa, etc.

My mistake, sorry !

Honored Contributor

@Alpha wrote:

Thanks for all of the imput. The first thing I did was clear my cache on all devices etc. and still having problems after five days. This is the first time I’ve ever had a problem paying through synchrony bank. Guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and call them, dang it!

@Alpha,   If all of your software is up-to-date, and since you know you don’t have old cookies/cache/data interfering...  you might want to try a completely different browser to see if that makes a difference.   Best of luck to you!🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova