Honored Contributor

Time zone change on program guide

Whenever I click on the program guide, it is often showing the incorrect time zone for my location.  Is there anything I can do to set it to continually use my correct time zone?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Time zone change on program guide

If you scroll down past the program guilde it shows the different time zones for where you live. Click on your zone and the guide  will change. The only problem is you have to do it every time. It doesn't stay.

Super Contributor

At the bottom right of the Program Schedule Box / chart,  you can change the time zone .

Super Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

If you scroll down past the program guilde it shows the different time zones for where you live. Click on your zone and the guide  will change. The only problem is you have to do it every time. It doesn't stay.

Mine stays most of the time.

Honored Contributor

I do scroll down to change it, but it seems like I should not have to keep doing that.  I wonder why it changes.  Or is there something I can set to keep it from changing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you logged in when you change it to your own zone, and logged in again when you check back?

I find a lot of specialized settings don’t work until you’re logged in so they know who you are.  Otherwise they’re on the default settings.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette Yes, I always log out and log back in a couple of times a day.

Honored Contributor

Thats because QVC is in the twilight zone since there is another CIJ day.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Typically, I only have to adjust the time zone for the guide a few times a year; the settings seem to "stick" just fine for the most part, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm signed in or not. This tells me that browser settings are also coming into play, so if you continue to have problems, you may want to check on your settings for how often your browser checks for new versions of web pages and/or updates your bookmarks.

ETA: I just checked the program guide, and my time zone did change today. Oddly, it was showing the PT zone; usually, it switches to the default of the ET zone. I changed it to my desired zone, closed the browser window and then reopened the browser and program guide, and the correct time zone was retained.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't encountered this problem -- the program guide always has my correct time zone (so far...  knock on wood...🙃).   My guess is that the guide picks up a default time zone for the device and/or browser (unrelated to our personal account).   In some cases, a site might "look" at the time zone associated with the IP address.   I'd suggest looking at time zone settings for the device and browser to be sure it's all accurate.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova