Honored Contributor

That darn computer maintenance!

So I tried to place an order for the dream jeannes that are ODO.  Had them in my cart in white, size medium.  Went all the way through the order process, even to the point where a message said that S/H would have to be added later due to "computer maintenance".  So, as it turns out, I seem to have missed out on the opportuntiy to get these at a great price, since the order appears to have gotten dropped.  That stinks!!!!!!!!!!!  Sure wish there was some recourse when the Q computers go down or have "maintenance" during a show.  Happens too often, sadly.

Honored Contributor

Re: That darn computer maintenance!

Are you sure the order didn't get placed?  I've had this message before and the order was placed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette

You should call CS and explain this to them, I'm sure they'll make the adjustments, they have for me in the past.

One more thing you can do, that has been very helpful in solving problems with orders, is to email QVCSocialTeam @ QVC.com.

HTH and let us know what happens!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Krimpette

You should call CS and explain this to them, I'm sure they'll make the adjustments, they have for me in the past.

@One more thing you can do, that has been very helpful in solving problems with orders, is to email QVCSocialTeam @ QVC.com.

HTH and let us know what happens!

The problem is that it is no longer available in the size and color I wanted.  I tried calling customer service a bit after I placed the order to see if it went through.  There was nothing she could do, as she could not even place orders at that time.  QVC sure does have an awful lot of computer issues during shows.

Honored Contributor

@KrimpetteWhat I don't understand is how anyone got to ordfer if the computers were down.  How did everything get sold out and you couldn't order? 

Anyone know?

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

So I tried to place an order for the dream jeannes that are ODO.  Had them in my cart in white, size medium.  Went all the way through the order process, even to the point where a message said that S/H would have to be added later due to "computer maintenance".  So, as it turns out, I seem to have missed out on the opportuntiy to get these at a great price, since the order appears to have gotten dropped.  That stinks!!!!!!!!!!!  Sure wish there was some recourse when the Q computers go down or have "maintenance" during a show.  Happens too often, sadly.

@Krimpette I can certainly understand your frustration and will pass it along to our IT Department as well as your Customer Experience team. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we have any stock left in the white medium,  if it was the Today's Special Value we might be able to get you a pair from the studio store, but they don't typically stock ODOs. If you want, we can try e-mailing the buyer for you. I'm not sure if they'll be able to accommodate us, but it might be worth a try! 

Honored Contributor

@Brittany-QVC And that, Brittany, is what stinks about these computer glitches.  I recognize that you can't make something appear that is no longer available.  I am just frustrated with all these computer outages that QVC seems to have at inopportune times.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  I would have thought my order was far enough along in the process, since I was able to click on the option to place the order.  However, my order apparently got dropped, or didn't go all the way through, or some other such nonsense.  Ridiculous, but that's the way it is, so it seems.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they will honor the price for you if they get more stock.I would call back and ask for a wait list.

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette I completely understand. Hopefully our team in IT will get things worked out soon. If you would like for us to try the buyers, please let us know. Our e-mail address is QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

Brittany